Elk 2nd rifle units 80 & 81

sage, what would you like to know? Pressure, Usually there are quite alot of people. However this year I was impressed at the lack of hunters I saw during 2nd season. The elk are there, you just have to find them. If you are looking for trophy 350+ bulls, 80/81 is not your hunting area. Plenty of area to hunt, and all types of terrain. I mainly hunt the conejos canyon by platoro, but I have spent plenty of time in and around the both units.

coelk, thanks for the 411. Would the area be good for 300" bulls? It seems seems like a nice OTC tag. My plan is be to be in an area where I could take a 6 point bull while banking my points for a better area. I have a friend of a freind who could help me hunt 80-81, which would be an advantage to an out of state hunter. I think it would be a good foot in the door, if the area holds promise. I have heard that 2nd rifle success is only about 10%, but I am hoping that this friend of a friend could help me up the odds. This year he took a small 5 point, which would be my minimum.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom