ELK APPS

rugarm77

Good luck to those of you that put in for elk this month. Remember the deadline is January 31st. After that lets hear what you put in for as far as unit and how many points you have????

Just painfully pulled the trigger on a Special Tag with Unit 62 as my first choice and General as my 2nd choice.

I have 1 point and it was REALLY hard to decide on whether to buy a special again this year to build points or to cash in my point on a general tag in the regular draw.

30 special 1 point under max, i drew 30 the first year there were points. 2.2 % chance of drawing in the random. i can dream though

How did your hunt in 30 go? I hunted Antelope in unit 59 ( elk unit 30 ) and never seen a elk. I guess I was not really looking hard.

AREA 30,3 POINTS =00.09 DRAW ODDS

ITS ALL ABOUT MEAT-IN WITH THE TAXIDERMIST

I am going for 5 for 5 in a row!

cheapie fee of course.... and then I always fudge my bet and do a RP cow tag too.

rug77----I might need a camp jack this fall----you in? ha

Robb

>I am going for 5 for
>5 in a row!
>
>cheapie fee of course.... and then
>I always fudge my bet
>and do a RP cow
>tag too.
>
>rug77----I might need a camp jack
>this fall----you in? ha
>
>Robb

Let me know if you need any help,,,I should draw a deer and lope tag this year.

Three friends and I put in for 100 and GEN as second. I have 2 pts., one friend has 1 and the other two have 0. Not getting hopes up but would like to at least get a GEN tag. If not, then I'll go antelope hunting.

Kentuck---Do you realize that unit 100 took the max of 4 PPs last year for only a 5% chance at drawing a tag. You may have a good shot at the General tag as those with <1 PP were over 97% successful.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-01-11 AT 07:59PM (MST)[p]Kentuck,

Did you apply in the special or regular price draw?

Put my son in for 100 with max points. 5% is better than not applying. A great hunt if he can draw one of these years. He has never killed a bull!!!!

Also put my other two boys in with 4 points. Maybe they will be one of the luck three out of 300+.

Good deal rug--77

Maybe hook-up for a scouting trip on your buck tag.

Robb

PS.

Ya ever notice after about a month and a half of threads----all these guys that post with all this knowledde and facts.....always apply for the point code?
How do they get all this knowledge and facts with out really hunting?-----Computer Hunters??? or something like that?

Bought points for me that'll make me one of max and put my wife in for 38 special with 2 points. GOOD LUCK IN THE DRAW!!

TICK
TALL, WIDE, AND HANDSOME

Unit 7 with max points for me. Last year it was 58% success for the max point holders, hoping it to be a little better this year but who knows. Might be a lot of people like me that think we are getting close so need to try to draw the tag.

These single digit success units like 30 or 100 will never be for me. At 58 I don't have twenty years to wait for a tag.

>Kentuck---Do you realize that unit 100
>took the max of 4
>PPs last year for only
>a 5% chance at drawing
>a tag. You may
>have a good shot at
>the General tag as those
>with <1 PP were over
>97% successful.

yeah, I knew we would not get a 100 tag. I just hated the thought of burning my points for a GEN tag or another hunt as I would like to hunt 100 or 30-32 someday.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom