Elk hunt/Fishing trip

troutbum

Well it was a very tough elk hunt in 6a for me this year..Had alot of chances at cows and spikes but wasnt able to seal the deal on a good bull.I messed up the few chances that I had on good bulls.I was however able to take a mini vacation for 4 days in the middle of the hunt and took the g/f to fish the in Florida keys.She was able to hook a tarpon on the fly rod but lost it on the jump and she landed a nice jack on a topwater lure. I was able to stick one of the big three and landed a tarpon on the fly rod.Here is a picture of us and the jack she landed...

http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos/2890281.jpg

Awesome picture Miguel. I wasnt able to seal the deal on my hunt in Colorado either, close calls a few times but that is how archery hunting goes. I will have to give you a call and catch up, word on the street is my buddy killed a 320 bull somewhere in the parks. I will call him and get the details and hopefully some pictures.

Hunt Hard. Shoot Straight. Kill Clean. Apologize to No One.

Ya it sure was fun but a tough few weeks especially getting the mental beat down from elk and fish on the flats but I will be back doing both next year.Not sure if ya got my message about my phone but I wasnt able to fix it unitl I got back to Farmington.We need to start to calling some dogs...

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom