elk in unit 66

tailgunner

I'm looking for information on unit 66.I'd like to know the quantity and quality of the elk in this unit and what size bull is a shooter bull.I also have some access questions,how many roads and atv trails and how much public land vs private land.I've got five points I'm thinking about burning so any information is appreciated.I live in,and guide elk hunts in New Mexico and will swap info on areas I Know.Thanks

Lots of public land and access is good. It's a good unit with fair number of elk, but I wouldn't call it a trophy unit. A 300" bull would be big.

66 is a good unit for Elk. The last time I was there
was about 10 years ago and it was still an over the
counter unit at that time. I still remember a couple of spots
away from the crowd that held Elk. If you draw your tag then
shoot me a PM and I'll share all I remember about 66.
Good luck with the draw. I'm going to try your home state
again so maybe I'll get lucky a draw a tag. It's another PP
for me this year in Colorado. Later Baker

90% of that county is public land and lots of it is wilderness, 80% of the hunters hunt 20% of the area... where the ATVs go.Hunt the wilderness but avoid the major pack trails and you will have all the country you want to yourself for the most part.Fair number of elk ,lots of dense timber ,a few big boys there but I wouldent pass a 300 to find one better. Good luck have fun.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom