Elk Migration ?????

hntbambi

I drew a Unit 17 cow hunt in December. Do the elk migrate much here in NM or will they pretty much be in the same general area in Dec that they will earlier in the fall? I know we don't get much snow in the lower half of the state, but maybe they come down, I dunno. Any help is appreciated.

I've only hunted that part of the state one time before
so there are many more qualified than me to answer your
question but I don't think you should expect a migration
this far south. The factors that normally cause a migration
are weather(deep snow)and available forage. I'm sure depending
on the agriculture in the unit they will move closer to it as
the natural graze runs out thru the winter, but I would not
call this a migration. Good Luck on your hunt. Baker

I've had that hunt a couple of times. The elk are pretty much in the same places that there at during other parts of the year. We've hunted just a few miles out of Magdelena and have gotten into elk on a regular basis. Should be a fun hunt. I put this hunt as my 3rd choice and don't mind at all when I draw. Good luck.

WD

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom