Elk Rut

mistertwister

Wondering if you guys could help with what you think the prime days of the month would be for the elk rut in central wyoming.
Thanks

LAST EDITED ON Feb-26-14 AT 04:01PM (MST)[p]Mid to end of September. If it gets to warm during the day they will only be talking at night and man let me tell you it's hard to sleep when that's all you hear!

All areas vary. Beginning of September to middle of month the bulls fight and establish dominance.

Mid September to even late September I notice bulls gathering cows. Late sept. to mid oct I notice bulls breeding cow. mid oct to end of oct the bulls stay with the cows to insure no other bulls come in and breed his cows.

Everything could + or - a week or 2. Also every part of the state could be different. This is the pattern I notice in my hunting area. Then a whole 2 hours away I have seen bulls breeding cows mid September.

Another +1 for nfh. Last year the rifle season was really awesome with the bulls still bugling a lot, chasing, fighting, and breeding all the way through the middle of October and then it quieted down and they were just with the cows on through the first week of November until I headed for our ND pheasant hunt.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom