Elk units 19 type 1 and 108

bingo

I am sitting on 1 point short of max and trying to gather info on these 2 units. Does anyone know of any private trespass access or if you have hunted either unit, opinions/ experience you are willing to share?

Most of the elk are found on one ranch in 19. A trespass fee will run approx $5k. Or that's what they were getting for a guided hunt a few years ago. Otherwise you'll be hunting public ground or land in the hunter access or hunter management programs with all the other yahoo's...

If you are looking at 108 and see all of the checker board, don't assume there will be elk out there. Most is more suited to antelope and coyotes. Not only that, many of those sections are land locked without public roads going to them.

There are a few good bulls taken out of the unit each year but almost always by the outfitters. I would say a 300 is a very reasonable expectation in the unit if you go with an outfitter. Not guaranteeing anything but I know they are there if you hunt hard enough and can pass up the younger bulls. There are bigger bull there but they aren't behind every bush.

I'm not exactly sure how many outfitters are in the area anymore but www.outwestsafaris.com is the website for one. The other name that comes to mind is Chuck Sanger. Not sure if he has a website but if you search him I bet you can find a phone number.

py

Virtually all the Elk in 108 are on a couple of private ranches in the southeast part of the unit (overland, filmore, sanger, espy)Outwest Safaris has the Espy and the Filmore leased. They kill some 350 bulls there every year. Good outfit. About $5,500 the last time I looked. Anschutz is building a huge windfarm on the overland (miller hill) so its completely off limits now. Sanger offers hunts but I don't know how to get in contact with them. I hunted 108 3 years ago on the overland (tresspass fee) before they shut it off. lots of elk. Killed a decent 6 point the first day. Got there 3 days early to scout. The biggest bull we saw was maybe 340. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom