>expo tags.
>
>These numbers total $1,235,690 made in
>the 5$ applicants for 2017
>
>
>
>
>"Wildlife and its habitat cannot speak.
>So
>we must and we will."
>Theadore Roosevelt
Nearly $900,000.00 for personal etc, that's conservation? It stinks

>>
>>I added up all the applicants
>>for the 2017 year and
>>the 200 expo tags which
>>came to 247,138 applicants for
>>all 200 expo tags.
>>
>>247,138 applicants multiplied by $3.50 equals
>>$864,983 that the conservation organizations
>>(SFW MDF) get for personnel,
>>etc.
>>
>>247,138 multiplied by $1.50 equals $370,707
>>that the state (DWR gets)
>>for conservation.
>>
>>These are just dollars for one
>>year and just the 200
>>expo tags.
>>
>>These numbers total $1,235,690 made in
>>the 5$ applicants for 2017
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>"Wildlife and its habitat cannot speak.
>>So
>>we must and we will."
>>Theadore Roosevelt
> Nearly
>$900,000.00 for personal etc, that's
>conservation? It stinks

It certainly does stink Walt and that's just from the money they get from the $5 application fees. Think how much more they get added to that from the entry fee into the Expo itself along with booth fees, food/beverages, and it's absolutely disgusting when you see the small amount they return yearly in the name of conservation!

i don't see how the money has or can justify the results of our current big game populations.
These other western states do just fine without an expo (expo tags) or auctioned tags.
It's time for change. The funds spent on conservation projects usually get thrown right back toward/into helping these limited hunt unit areas which have become a OIL hunt for the average joe playing the points game.

I hunted Wyoming GS a couple years ago and was astonished at the number of bigger bucks I saw compared to the GS units I have hunted in Utah over the past decade. Quality was night and day difference!
The majority of the bucks I saw in WY were bucks that I'd gladly put a tag on in Utah. So during my hunt in WY, I decided to be really picky to the point I thought I was insane!

Knowing the expo contract is locked up for quite sometime, makes me very worried and skeptical that anything will change for the better. But one thing I know. Some pocket books are gonna be FAT!

"Wildlife and its habitat cannot speak. So
we must and we will."
Theadore Roosevelt

>LAST EDITED ON Feb-14-18
>AT 10:49?PM (MST)

>
>Exactly!
>Someone may go to the expo
>without applying for any tags.
>Where some may come and
>not enter the expo but
>just validate their application for
>expo tags.
>Then there are some who come
>and do both.
>
>Last time I tried to look
>at previous expo tag draw
>odds, the data was gone
>from the website. I'm not
>sure if it's back up
>or not. But it did
>show how many applications for
>each of the 200 tags.
>Someone just needs to do
>some history searches from over
>the years and do alittle
>basic math to get the
>numbers.
>Any takers?
>
>I think the Henry mountain rifle
>deer tag has nearly 10k
>applicants alone! That's 350k$ for
>one hunt!
>
>
>
>
>
>
>"Wildlife and its habitat cannot speak.
>So
>we must and we will."
>Theadore Roosevelt

You need to learn some basic math before you post about dem der mounts of moniesis da sfws is Makin in what world is 10 k times $3.50 =$350,000?

Hey coon! Easy now. Added too many zeros
But you're right. Math was never my strong suit. ?
Btw....it still stinks!

"Wildlife and its habitat cannot speak. So
we must and we will."
Theadore Roosevelt

LAST EDITED ON Feb-16-18 AT 03:21PM (MST)[p]If a guys has 2 to 4 weeks and a $1000 dollars, and is a real hunter who knows his stuff,,he can kill a big buck in any of the above mentioned states including California.

Too many get upset because they can't shoot a big buck from the road after only dedicating a handful of days to the hunt.

We are really blessed with what we have all over the west. Enjoy it while you still can.

That being said,, ye money talks and BS walks no matter the state, but don't let that stop you from getting it done with what "YOU" have.

Those of you that have walked into ShirtTail Gas station in Blanding Utah will see some awesome Bucks on the wall(over 10), I don't think any of them have been put in the book. Some people don't put their Bucks in the B&C book.
If you haven't been in ShirtTail before you should put it on your list for places to stop and look.
It just a few miles south of town, Big white tanks and a awesome Hay Barn.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

LAST EDITED ON Feb-27-18 AT 12:03PM (MST)[p]This is right from the SFW website: "The 2018 Western Hunting & Conservation Expo (Hunting Expo) closed on Sunday February 11, but all who attended will agree that the show continues to get bigger and better. Over 50,000 attendees passed through the halls of Hunt Expo and the auctions, tag sales and other fundraisers combined to raise over $7 million for conservation efforts conducted by host organizations Sportsmen for Fish and Wildlife and the Mule Deer Foundation."

Now add up all the money that goes back for conservation in any given year in the annual reports and audits and see if it comes close to that much money!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom