Extended Archery

T

TGRschank

I recently discovered the extended archery hunts in Utah. I got the elk and shot my elk. I heard a lot of horror stories about a million hunters and no animals, but I was greatly surprised at the quality and quantity. Probably because I was under the impression that I would see nothing but hunters. I almost tagged out the first 30 min for my hunt with a 300" class bull, but didn't want to end it that early and everyday had plenty of action to keep me busy. I was able to shoot a good meat filler on the last day of my hunt. I had so much fun that I recently purchased the extended archery deer tag. I saw a ton of deer and even a couple 160"+ bucks. I was towards the top and since I'll be hunting the week of Thanksgiving so more then likely there will be to much snow. I've been studying maps trying to find good areas in the lower country, but since I'm from out of state I won't have any time to check it out in person until the week of thanksgiving. Anyone have any advise on where to start looking? I am not afraid to hike and perfer it because it gets me away from the crowds.

I don't believe that's the case lol,I kinda thought you had to draw a general season archery deer tag or purchase a leftover archery deer tag before the regular archery hunt starts in august in order to hunt the extended archery. You don't just get to walk in Walmart and tell them you want a extended archery tag because they don't sale just an extended archery tag.

They do. I got my extended archery elk tag after the elk season at Walmart. I just paid for my extended archery deer tag online. I never had a general elk or general deer.

Unless it's different for non residents than it is for residents your full of #####. So your tag says extended archery deer on it and that's it?

You guys on here are a bunch of D!CK$. Sorry but to call this guy full of crap when you have not even checked to see if he is, is not better then your arm chair shooting when I haven't seen jack crap from any of you game wise. I no realize why a lot of people leave the forum so quick. I went and tried to purchase a tag for my step son who is 18, he is able to still purchase a left over archery tag for deer and elk. So either the DNR is stupid are you guys are for being jerks to the original poster. I have been tame lately on here but you guys are acting like your eyes are brown or should have been brown or my all time favorite insult TRISTATE!

?If men were angels, no government would be
necessary.? John Adams

2188screenshot20151024195212.png

There is your proof ##### head

The 2015 extended archery season
If you haven't taken a deer by the time the general-season archery buck hunt ends, or an elk by the time the general-season archery elk hunt ends, you can continue your archery hunting in Utah?s extended archery areas.

Before hunting in any of Utah?s extended archery areas, though, you must complete the Division?s Archery Ethics course each year. You must carry your Archery Ethics Course certificate of completion with you while you're hunting.

This hunter ethics course is in addition to Utah's hunter education requirement. We also recommend that archery hunters complete bowhunter education.

Hunting in an extended archery area
After you successfully complete the course, you should print your certificate of completion. You must carry your Archery Ethics Course certificate of completion with you while you're hunting.

Hunters who have a general-season archery buck deer permit may hunt within the Ogden, Uintah Basin, Wasatch Front or West Cache extended archery areas during the seasons listed below.

Hunters who have a general-season archery elk permit may hunt within the Uintah Basin or Wasatch Front extended archery elk areas during the extended archery seasons listed below.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-25-15 AT 02:58PM (MST)[p]1. There is no such thing as an "extended archery tag". The only way to have obtained a tag would have been through the draw or buy a left over, of which there NONE left after the start of the archery season.

2. An Extended Archery Ethics Course is NOT a deer tag. Its an online course you are required to take and pass before going afield.

3. Archery elk tags are unlimited and can be purchased anytime before the season closes. It would be possible to have an elk tag but not a deer tag.

4. Anyone dumb enough to believe this guy deserves the crap and ridicule they receive on this site.

You two are morons. When I looked up tags I went to
https://secure.utah.gov/hflo/main/serv2/index.html?server=serv2 logged my son in and it showed tags for deer and elk available. I would log back in and take a screen shot but do not feel like doing so as my son's info in on the page and I don't feel like redacting it. Too much time for someone who has a peanut brain. Sorry I am not trying to be a D!CK but when I looked they were still there for sale. Further the ethics course is required with the tag, the OP did not say he printed the ethics course he said he went to Walmart and purchased a tag. If I can buy a tag for my son (I already have/had tags for this year), and it will allow me to buy him a tag on line I could also go down to Walmart and do the same. I pray to god you two never get called to jury duty as the defendant is screwed with your Kool Aid drinking. Okay enough insults yup I am done, end of the day the OP is correct, further your are wrong. Have a great day.

P.S. go live in Kalifornia if you want to continue to be a Jack no one else wants you.

necessary.? John Adams

OK stupid he said he never bought a general deer tag just a extended tag which is not possible, end of story

There is no such thing as an Extended Archery Deer Tag. There are no General Archery Buck Deer tags available and haven't been since before the opener in August.

He's probably a young man and bought a Youth Archery Buck Deer tag and just called it and extended archery deer tag. How's that for giving him the benefit of the doubt.

TGR I would like to see some pics of your critters and hope you had a great hunt.

Cheers,
Pete

Pete- I sure hope you have never mis spoken, heck maybe he just purchased whatever and is out poaching. I know when I looked for my son, it said deer tags for archery so it very well could be just that he purchased a general archery tag and is out hunting. Why not call the DNR and ask them if they still have archery tags.

Travis- The only stupid people are the ones with the last name Hunter (all alike), and people who grew up in Delta. I don't know if its something in the water out there in Delta or your kissing cousins but either way, you are forgiven for your ignorance.

necessary.? John Adams

Mr. Deerslayer,

I pray no woman has ever reproduced with you.

To the OP.... Just go ahead and take a picture of your tag and post it here.

You guys are a load.

Travishunter,

That is the most grammatically correct sentence I have ever heard or read from one of the hunter clan.

necessary.? John Adams

Oh Travishunter don't take me too serious haha, I never did a background check, I was talking out my arce haha.

necessary.? John Adams

Hey elkass, dryboob and I will be up in your area Thursday-Saturday this week. I spend most of this hunt keeping him away from my backside.

> I almost tagged out the first
>30 min for my hunt
>with a 300" class bull,
>but didn't want to end
>it that early and everyday
>had plenty of action to
>keep me busy.

I don't know anyone that has ever had or ever will have an extended archery elk tag and PASS on a 300" Bull. Are you sure you were on the extended unit and not hunting the Wasatch LE? Just curious. You can only go so far South on the Wasatch front and there's not many places that have 300+ bulls running around all over the place.

I'm not making any accusations, but I know people that have lived (and hunted) on the wasatch front thier whole lives and never killed a 300" bull. You must have stumbled into quite the honey hole.

Travishunter you got me there, that is one rifle that I wish wouldn't have slipped past me. Also the joke which wasn't really as obvious as I was trying to make it was the hunter part of your handle. I was referring to hunters being red necks in a nut shell, now that I think of it, it wasn't as funny as I was hopping or at all. That kinda seems the stroke of luck lately.

necessary.? John Adams

I personally think the guy was hunting in the Wasatch LE and actually poached an elk or poached one on the Wasatch front because he doesn't have a clue what tags he's even suppose to have in order to hunt.

LOL!

Good Luck!

And don't let wet_booty Shoot any PISSCUTTERS!

>Hey elkass, dryboob and I will
>be up in your area
>Thursday-Saturday this week. I spend
>most of this hunt keeping
>him away from my backside.
>

Go Ahead!

Make Me take it down!

9001hank2.jpg

For the record, using the link provided in this thread, I was able to go the "Available Licenses" portion of the DWR website. I put in my age (34) and "Big Game" and it looks like I could still buy an archery tag which then indicates (Extended Areas Only). I then put in age 17, and sure enough, a whole list of available tags popped up for archery deer. They listed which unit they were originally for, and as we know, having the general season archery tag entitles us to hunt the Extended Areas.

So, it looks to me like it is possible for a youth to buy both an extended elk tag and extended deer tag for archery.

Now, having said that, I don't know who in their right mind would pass a 300" bull at any time, in any general season elk unit, no matter what the weapon (let alone a bow). That's sheer lunacy. :)

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

LAST EDITED ON Oct-28-15 AT 02:30PM (MST)[p]>For the record, using the link
>provided in this thread, I
>was able to go the
>"Available Licenses" portion of the
>DWR website. I put in
>my age (34) and "Big
>Game" and it looks like
>I could still buy an
>archery tag which then indicates
>Extended Areas Only

If that is the case, the DWR is selling unlimited "Extended Archery" deer tags to everyone that wants one. That really sucks. The Extended Archery needs to be it's own draw unit. This is getting ridiculous!

You can't just go buy a extended archery deer tag for deer elk you may be able to but not for deer I know this for a fact that you have to have a general season deer tag and complete the archery ethics course in order to hunt the extended archery for deer.

There are a specific number of Youth Archery Buck Deer tags available for each unit. All units but one out by the basin are still available. It's definitely not unlimited.

It was a general season tag that now allows them (youth) to hunt the extended. There haven't been any regular general season archery buck deer tags available since way before the general season.

It is possible that the kids story is perfectly true, but with the way it was worded, most of us have had to wonder :)

Cheers,
Pete

HJB, I apologize, I was talking about Extended Elk, not deer. I should have been more specific.

However, the information for youth was accurate. It had almost every unit listed as available when I put in 17 years old.

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

LAST EDITED ON Nov-04-15 AT 06:37PM (MST)[p]Every year I see people sneaking around with camo and a bow during the extended hunt. Only problem is they're freaking on the Utah county side of the mountain, totally illegal. Who knows how many bulls and bucks have been poached above cities like Alpine during the extended.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom