Fall bear

labsrule

My dad drew out for fall bear for unit 32. He has only seen one bear in the wild and very much looking forward to this hunt. He lives in idaho and I live in utah so making many scouting trips isn't financially possible. I have hunted numerous times in a few different states for bear but all in the spring. My questions are what types of food sources should we be keying in on in the fall? Early in September are they mostly found at higher elevations? Any help is very much appreciated.

Find the berries and or other food sources the bears will not be far off. In October they start on pinecones is what we experienced there. 2 bears in last 3 years for cousin and I, and you can do spot and stalk there. RIP Lil Bro' "Huntnfever"

Elder berries and Choke cherries freeze really close to September first. They are all over them till they freeze. I once had nine bears within 100 yards of me. These will be lower elevations by the creek bottoms. Once they freeze then they head up the hills towards the tops. When they are hitting the berries there is plenty of sign left behind. Just remember if it has frosted then they have moved on.

DZ

Thanks for the help gentlemen. I look forward to just getting out with him and maybe seeing some bears in the process.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom