Fannie Pack hunter vs.the Back Pack hunter

zeddro

How many of you guys hunt with fannie packs?

I know depending on the hunt and how many days you are out. But to be honest I usually drive to a spot and either stay out the whole day or come back for lunch you know.

I am thinking about getting one this year cause I have the badlands bino system and it kinda sucks having double shoulder straps. And then also take into account drawing your bow.

What do you guys use and what would you suggest for a good fannie pack? Maybe one I could rock at disneyland too like the crazy's haha jk.

I hunt with the Badlands Monster fanny pack for half day treks. Its allows quite a bit of room for a fanny pack, I probably would not take it on a full day hike though. My .02

LAST EDITED ON Mar-07-11 AT 09:33AM (MST)[p]I hunted with a fanny type pack for years and loved it. I just switched to a back pack though. Even for day trips. I found that when good fortune smiles on me I would have to go back to the truck for pack boards. With the fanny pack it was just an extra trip to go get equipment. Now I can at least get a front quarter (elk) back to the truck and get the pack frames for some serious packing.

I do find I have to be careful though, I tend to pack heavier because I take a larger pack. Can be a two edged sword.

Good Luck, Dave

I have a couple of friends that LOVE Fanny Packs when day hunting, or shed hunting.
Their favorites seem to be:

-Crooked Horn Trailblazer
-Nimrod Pack System.

Both of these packs have OUTSTANDING comfort, great configurability, toughness, and tremendous warranties and service.

I just do not think you could wear one of them out.

Hope that helps.

5776dscn0050.jpg

This is a Badlands monster fanny proofs in the pudding gentlemen

ive used my badlands monster since i purchased it in 04,its freaking bullet proof,its been to wyo,co,nevada,idaho,my home state cali,archery,muzzle,rifle,even chuckers and turkey,i bought a nice blacks creek western hunter,awsome pack,but it hasnt left my truck,its more like luggage,i put the badlands water strap bladder systom on it last season,but still need to pack a extra water bottle,when i get one down i bring out the old school pack frame,badlands is a awsome product.cool pic droptiz.

+1 on the large fanny packs- I like my back free to vent in warm weather. My Pack Idaho (first trip outfitter) is expandable and very quiet. Pendelton wool construction with wool shoulder straps, I have made shots both bow and gun with the pack on.

With no frame it's a trade off - you can tote some deboned meat but are limited. Also to small to do an overnight IMO. You should be able to cary all nessasary for an all day hunt with room for lunch, water, Alaskan Game Bags, light saw and 2-3 knives and cord to hang the quarters.Real meat-packing requires a real pack or better yet a pack animal!

Griz

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom