Field Photo by yourself question

buttwhacker

I hunt alot and venture far from the vehicle and dont want to pack a tripod with me. Is anyone aware of a monopod that you can stick in the ground to take photos of yourself with harvested game? Something like an arrow that would stick in the ground and hold the camera on the other end. A fold up one would work best, something along the lines of a fold up tent stake. Thanks much

Jay Leasure

I've never heard of one, but I believe there are monopods available, even ones that double as a walking stick, that have different attachments for the ends. Perhaps you could modify one of these? I often leave my tripod at home and have used my pack, rocks, or logs when I am by myself. Those will work in a pinch.

Rocks work, and are usually available and pretty cheap. Stumps work or rotten logs. Hunting packs work. Speaking from experience because there is rarely anyone with me on my hunting adventures, and I sure don't want to carry the extra weight of a pod of any sort. Half the time, I don't even want to take my camera for that matter, but I started getting ribbing, and I do like field photos.

What about one of those little mini tripods? They're about 4" long and just big enough to keep a small camera steady.

I have a light weight tripod that I use with my spottting scope so I just use it, but have made due with rocks, sticks, logs, pack etc...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom