FINALLY drew an Elk tag

NewMexicoRob

Recieved some luck this year drew a ES late Sept Elk tag in unit 34!!!dont want to eat tag soup, you think I should invest on a guide? belive me I will put my homework on this hunt, JUST dont want to come home empty handed!!! anyone want to help on some info on unit 34?..got some unit 30 deer info. for trade!!! pm if u want

thanks guys!!

No need for a guide in unit 34 IMO. Do a little homework and maybe an early scout trip and you won't have any problems, unless you are looking for a 400" bull............ Then you may have issues

YOu will run into elk no matter where you go. I would love to hunt that hunt but cant get the tag. I do go down there every year during that time and have no trouble finding elk. Best advise is to use a logging road to get in a back area and then get away from the road. Lots of people will just use the logging roads and or atv trails and never get off them. Do a little walking and youll find a decent bull.

34 is a very good unit with lots of elk. with some scouting you will do fine. If you do choose to go with a guide, let me know and I will give you a number to one of the best guides this state has to offer. This unit is his main stomping grounds. Good luck.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom