Finding and Booking Hunts

gyates82

Howdy,

I'm new to the site and was wanting to see how people find and book there hunts with outfitters. I am trying to find a hunt soon before hunting season gets here. Are there any websites y'all recommend?

Thanks

How about this site? Many fine outfitters listed.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
LIKE MonsterMuleys.com on Facebook!

There are plenty listed right here on this site if you have a tag and they are in that area you drew. However, it's probably getting pretty late to book a hunt now or to get a good time if they even have any openings. Good luck!

I follow forums such as this one and soak in information about respected outfitters. I give more weight to the comments from long-time respected forum members than those from members that i know nothing about.

I also reach out to certain trusted forum members to learn more and pick their brain. After finding a few good potential outfitters, i search the web very carefully to see if there is any reliable negative information about the outfitter. If they pass this phase, i reach out to the outfitter and get more information from the outfitter. It's amazing how much you can learn about a guy from just hearing how he reacts on the phone. Does he come off like a guy that over promises and almost guarantees a book animal or does he sound like an honest guy. While not as helpful, i also call successful and unsuccessful references.

While i'm not batting 100 percent, i have a good track record using the above approach. This includes finding and hiring several outfitters from this site.

Good luck.

I'm similar to Sierra, with the species and general area I want to hunt I google places in that area.

AK moose hunt for example, then go from there learning as much as I can about each one independent of the actual flying service. Once I get a general feel then I contact them and get references.

I prefer to meet them in person at a local hunting show. If the guy comes across as a used car salesman type, it is a big NO for me. If he is good my opinion his hunts will sell themselves...

Ask questions about specific outfitters on forums and you will likely get guys that have experience with them.

When you say "where do I go" you won't get much help cause there are a million places/outfitters/species to go after....
Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom