First Alternate tag

brownie

Anybody ever get a call from NDOW, telling you you've been drawn for the first alternate tag, a month after the draw? A buddy of mine had such a call yesterday, what a lucky sucker. Your thoughts?
Thanks Brownie.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-15-10 AT 08:41PM (MST)[p]What tag did he get? A friend from work got a call 2 years ago from the NDOW. They said he was next in line for an area 13 deer tag that was turned in if he was interested. Pretty cool!

Unit 031, northwest of Winnimucca. My buddy had eight bonus points as a non-resident, he didn't get drawn in the main draw. They just called him on Tuesday, and asked him if he was interested in the tag. He said heck yes, so they got his credit card info and told him they would mail the tag. Because he's always pulling bad jokes on all of his friends, he couln't sleep that night, thinking we were pulling his chain. But yesterday he checked his CC and it had been charged 240.00 Thought it was kinda cool, hadn't heard of this happening before on a deer tag, sheep yes, deer no.

Thanks, Brownie

I had the same thing happen to me for a bull elk tag in 2005. But I didn't get the call until mid September and the hunt was in mid November giving me 2 months to prepare. It was a great surprise to get the call. fatrooster.

They can call me anytime with that Bull Elk tag! I'll be prepared! I wish I had just a little bit of that luck!!!!

You'll probably see this more in the future due to rule changes. A person can return a tag before July 15 and get a refund, bonus points reinstated, and eligibility reinstated. Which is good, so if a person decides that they can't make a hunt or a mistake on the area they put in for, that tag doesn't go to waste, someone else can get the tag and actually hunt.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom