first ever muely

T

tonyfalcon

5070012.jpg

Good looking Buck like the mass and the country behind him looks like some good stuff to hunt in. Post up your hunt would love to hear it. Thanks for sharing.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Great first muley? It would be a great muley at any point in a hunting career. Especially from the desert.

Great Buck!!!!!

You wouldn't have had to tell most it was your first because they would notice you didn't hold it out at arms length for the pic LOL.

That buck is a great buck at number 1 or number 100!!

Bill

first of all tanks to everyone for the congrats .well it all strarted oct 10 2010, my day finally came i spent most of the offseason visiting my buddys taxidermy shop in las cruces to pick his brain on western style hunting. Trying to see if i had what it takes, i geared up and got one buddy to sign on to tag along for a two day hunt . so were there strike up camp primitive as it could get too. good old shelter half and a sleeping bag ,those with some military back ground will know what im talking about . first light came along and we took out with high hopes and full bellys . well it didnt take me long to relize the size of the what i thought were just hills was alot more then what i gave them credit for . but not to worry i was prepared some what, but like any well trained infantry man foward was the phrase off the day so was down and back up a little more and just over that ridge a few other choice words but i cant post them here . I was wondering to myself if there was even any deer out here but only momentarly . I did know there was elk up there because i was walking up on them every ridge or draw we would walk on or gass out too . well a whole day ontop of hills and ridges and not even a glimps of a deer not even a doe . untill we got back to camp there was a few other hunters outhere and they showed us there deer . hard headed as i am i congratulated them and did not ask for information and direction of there hunt . i thought it would take from my experiance if i did . next day we head out again did a little map recon on yesterdays attemp and decided to go to the left and just a b it higher in elevation i could tell my friend was a little upset when i mentioned higher but to no avail we headed off just around 10am and on my third lets get on that ridge there we catch our first glimps of a deer grazing about not even aware he is close to the end he was nice six point when he came around the juniper tree he jumped his buddys a smaller 4x4 looked young due to size of his body and then he steps out imediatly i could tell this guy was the one from my vantage point naked eye and all his mass and size just dwarfed the othere two so i set up the riffle and gave a few minutes to step out a little more or even change his profile for me which he was not he stood there with a full frontal view only thing moving was his ears especially once they made my friend moving around uncontrollably so now or never came to mind got a good range 150yrds looked at my dope on my riffle and held my mil dot steady no wind whats so ever just a slight rush and slowy started taking slack out. click ,boom ,thud , right on the ticker ten steps buck down excitement over took the moment and well you fellas have seen the deer .

Barnone, one of the most BEAUTIFUL bucks I have ever seen. His color almost looks Coues'-ish. Beautiful gray. Congrats man, and thanks for your service!

The Beast is Dead, Long Live the Beast.

-The Nuge

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom