first speed goat!!

I got the great news of drawin an antelope tag this yr after 5 years of trying! we spent almost every weekend scouting for them. i got in touch with some people who helped me in the direction to look and it was all uphill from there we found this goat and watched him all summer. he isn't the biggest out there but for my first and with a bow i am thrilled. i was truly blessed to have my boy with me and also my father in law who is battling with ms, it is something i will cherish for the rest of my life!! we stalked and stalked and stalked this guy all day and his 20 girlfriends would bust us every time! luckily we spotted him 3 hills over just as he was bedding down and so me and my boy put the silent stalk on him and with in 20 yards he stood up and the rest is in the pictures! i am horrible at judging scores but i would guess low 70's, scores don't matter to me when you are happy with an animal and the memories you create.

2054dsc_0022.jpg

1029photo_1.jpg

3233photo_3.jpg

5626photo_4.jpg

So if guns kill people, I suppose pencils misspell words, cars drive drunk, and spoons make people fat...

Great first antelope and with a bow to boot. That will probably be the first of many they are addicting. What state were you in.

Congrats on a first antelope with a bow!!! Nothing like the first one, and getting it spot and stalk with your son to boot!!
Most folks don't shoot one that nice with a rifle or from a blind, good job!!!

Jbo

That is fantastic and with the boy along to do a stalk with a bow is unreal---Congratulations!!!

What a pretty son of a gun. Outstanding that you have that live shot of him up close like that. He's a super example of how pretty those animals can be. I also don't care too much for some i see, the way their horns curl back or every which way. Yours looks heart shaped and nicely carry their weight to up top. I'm guessing he may go mid 70's but no matter, you got a Dandy!! Congrats!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Size ain't everything but I tell you what this is one of the best trophies I've seen this year so far. Good deal yu had your boy and father in law inlcuded. kudos!!!

BTW I believe your buck would make mid 70's and is a cool looking buck.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

By the looks of the smiles on the face of BOTH of you and your boy, thats a WORLD RECORD animal. Nothing better than having your kids with you on a hunt. Had my 7 yr olsd with me last year on my Lope hunt. It has been one of the best hunts so far.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom