First Time Hunter Success

medicinebow

Here is the buck my buddy took in Unit 34. After a frustrating first two days of windy conditions, we were lucky enough to jump this guy out of his bed. He stood only 40 yards away in the thick PJ as he was riding out the windy cold front that came through. He stood just a little too long and my buddy was able to harvest his very first animal ever. I was right behind him as he shot and I knew it was a good buck. He wasn't sure if he hit him but I reassured him that he just killed his first buck. I think I was more excited about it than he was, as he was still in shock. He said that was one of the best adrenaline rushes he's had and he's a law enforcement officer. Needless to say, he's hooked on hunting now. Congrats to him and even though I didn't take a buck, I didn't care as just being there with him on his first harvest was just as satisfying.

7824lp_deer.jpg

6297dsc00104.jpg

MBBGH

Congrats guys that is one heck of a buck for 34. A friend and I hunted all 5 days and didn't even see a legal buck. He found one elk shed I found a matching set and a single. Buddy ended up with a busted up knee and may need surgery now.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom