Founder has a side gig, opinions?

Joe agree with this service or don't that is up to you. But please don't try and make it something it is not by a mile.

This has nothing to do with keeping the hunting heritage alive.. About putting meat on the table. Really?? Haha maybe founder can chime in on how many meat buck packages he thinks he would sell and at what price if he chose to go that route.

Come on man!?

This bill, the motivation behind it from both resident hunters of WY and WYOGA, is all about eliminating competition. It's pushed as, ?good for the game?, but only the naive buy that as the true motivation.
Most us know what it is, and hopefully the legislators see it as well and give it the boot. I think most of them should know that it's unconstitutional to try and dictate what information someone publishes that is publicly available, factual, truthful and lawfully acquired in the normal course of living life.
I would agree it's all a waste of time and money, but it's typically easier to tackle the little issues than the big ones.

Let's continue letting 6000 residents hunt the area for 3 weeks straight with 800 yard rifles, that's not the problem. The guy from Utah who's helped a handful of guys harvest bucks is the real problem. ?Major Impact? is what I've heard from someone who flys around in a plane to scout then surrounds the big bucks with numerous guides and clients and hunts the buck down for 3 weeks. I'm sure his motivation isn't for self gain, only to help deer.

>Tx what fired me up
>more than anything is the
>fact it would allow guides
>and outfitters to do the
>very thing it is trying
>to stop people like founder
>from doing.
>
>WYOGA at its finest and personally
>I might add it is
>very discouraging to see who
>they seem to be bringing
>along for the ride.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
LIKE MonsterMuleys.com
on Facebook!

>I just don't get why Deerdon
>and Buzz think it takes
>away from the experience.
> The hunt doesn't really
>start for me until I
>find something to hunt.
> I wander around looking
>for a buck. It
>is pretty tough to find
>a good buck anymore in
>the Wyoming Range. Once
>a buck is found then
>it takes a good hunter
>to get the buck.
>Before you find a buck
>you are just looking.
>Hunting starts once you find
>something to hunt.
>
>What Brian does for a guy
>is give him an idea
>of where a buck "might"
>be. How many of
>us have done that on
>here? I personally have
>sent guys to an exact
>ridge to get a buck
>on this site. If
>that guy gave me $20
>would it be against all
>humanity? If I didn't
>take it would it make
>me any better?
>
>No, we give each other advice
>all the time on this
>site. Better shut down
>Eastmans forums too because I
>helped a guy on there
>get a buck as well.
>Better shut down Utah's DWR
>forums because I helped a
>guy on there as well.
> Better shut down Huntn
>Talk because I helped a
>guy on there as well.
> Oh, quit sharing stories
>on here because occasionally I
>get a gem from them
>and I go hunting there
>as well.
>
>All those guys, paying me or
>not, must feel really bad
>that their "hunt" wasnt holy
>and pure. They should
>have worn a blindfold to
>make it just that much
>harder to find a buck.
> In fact, why even
>hunt a good unit.
> Lets make it a
>real hunt and hunt some
>horrible unit and just use
>archery equipment. Ya! If
>you use a rifle you
>must feel guilty inside for
>using something that gives you
>an advantage. Ya!
>Slingshots only on this website.
> If you drove there
>too then you cheated!
>Walk boys! Get out
>and walk with those sling
>shots!!!
>
>"The penalty good men pay for
>indifference to public affairs is
>to be ruled by evil
>men." - Plato

There is a huge difference when it comes to "gathering" information and "purchasing" information. When the information offered (for a price) included photos of a specific buck, and GPS coordinates of that buck, you are crossing into the realm of buying a buck rather than hunting for it. When you are "gathering" information, true...you may have someone tell you where/what/when they saw a buck...but part of the experience then is to then try to decide how much the story/stories are true, inflated or even false. You investigate and put together a plethora of information, study it and then come up with a plan for your hunt.
Again....legal/not legal, you decide but, for me....you use a service (pick your buck out of a catalog) and you are not welcome in my camp because that's not the kind of hunter I am. AND, neither one of us will miss each other either.
For the record my original comment was to those that, when asked their opinion on this matter, commented that it was fine "because it was legal." Just wanted to make it clear...I am not fine with TONS of stuff that is legal...and would never use that weak of a reason to be "for or against" ANYTHING.

All of this is legal...and therefore OK with some of you. (Just not for me!)
Bump stocks
Scopes on muzzle loaders
Real time game cameras
Ford, Chevy or Dodge trucks painted yellow LOL
Shooting game at loooooong distances with the aid of adjustable turrets.

>I'm in total support of this
>service.
>I think it helps so many
>different age groups of hunters.
>
>
>1) Young inexperienced hunters 16 to
>30 YO. (That didn't have
>a love one teach them
>these skills) So should they
>just run blind into the
>mountains not knowing what dangers
>came and sometimes do happen?
>We all say we need
>to keep our hunting life
>style alive! Can't do it
>if there's no new hunters
>coming up!
>
>2) Young family men and women
>25 to 35 that are
>raising their families, who want
>to learn how to hunt
>to share then formation and
>life style with their family.
>And mostly want to bring
>home meat for the family
>
>
>3) Older Guys 50 to 65
>who can't get around like
>their younger days that have
>been drawing for a tag
>for 20 plus years. And
>those who now have moderate
>emphysema from years of smoking
>like an idiot as I
>did! And the ones that
>have zero hunting skills compared
>to a lot of my
>MM friends! Can't afford
>a fully guided hunt. But
>still want to live that
>dream.
>
>Thanks for your time
>
>Joe
>
>
>"Sometimes you do things wrong for
>so long you
>think their right" - 2001
>"I can't argue with honesty" -
>2005
>-Joe E Sikora

?The mere fair-weather hunter, who trusts entirely to the exertion of others, and does more than ride or walk about under favorable circumstances, and shoot at what somebody else shows him, is a hunter in name only. Whoever would really deserve the title must be able, at a pinch, to shift for himself, to grapple with the difficulties and hardships of wilderness life unaided, and not only to hunt, but at times to travel for days, whether on foot or on horseback, alone.?

Theodore Roosevelt

"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun"

You realize Teddy Rosevelt hunted with guides right?

In the Wyoming Range...haha how ironic.

Thanks for the quote.

ROOSEVELT HUNTED WITH GUIDES IN THE WYOMING RANGE!

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

>I'm in total support of this
>service.
>I think it helps so many
>different age groups of hunters.
>
>
>1) Young inexperienced hunters 16 to
>30 YO. (That didn't have
>a love one teach them
>these skills) So should they
>just run blind into the
>mountains not knowing what dangers
>came and sometimes do happen?
>We all say we need
>to keep our hunting life
>style alive! Can't do it
>if there's no new hunters
>coming up!
>
>2) Young family men and women
>25 to 35 that are
>raising their families, who want
>to learn how to hunt
>to share then formation and
>life style with their family.
>And mostly want to bring
>home meat for the family
>
>
>3) Older Guys 50 to 65
>who can't get around like
>their younger days that have
>been drawing for a tag
>for 20 plus years. And
>those who now have moderate
>emphysema from years of smoking
>like an idiot as I
>did! And the ones that
>have zero hunting skills compared
>to a lot of my
>MM friends! Can't afford
>a fully guided hunt. But
>still want to live that
>dream.
>
>Thanks for your time
>
>Joe
>
>
>"Sometimes you do things wrong for
>so long you
>think their right" - 2001
>"I can't argue with honesty" -
>2005
>-Joe E Sikora

Your quote...2) Young family men and women 25 to 35 that are raising their families, who want to learn how to hunt to share then formation and life style with their family. And mostly want to bring home meat for the family.
If you use a service like this...you ARE NOT learning how to hunt and share that information. You are only earning the $$$ that pays for this info and not teaching your family how to "hunt." You are simply making it easier to harvest an animal and teaching your family that it's better/easier to spend the money rather than working for, and earning that animal. The only thing your family would have earned is the money it cost for the service.

Did you really use the "mostly bring home meat for the family" argument? How much meat could you buy using the same amount of money spent on a service like this? That simply puts you in the camp of measuring the success of a hunt....not on the experience, but on the kill itself.

I'm not so sure a meat hunter would pay for a info package Tknez. It seem absurd to guys like us, who can find so called meat bucks with a blind fold on, because we know so much more than at lot of folks, who purchase a deer tag.

I read other hunting forums on occasiion. Every year there are tag holders that are pleading for help to find a deer, any deer. Some claim they've hunted for two or three years and never seen a buck. Not everyone has the time, the knowledge, the know how to do what most hunters can do without hardly a thought.

I've had grown men, from the west coast, the south and the east coast who have contacted me, through Monster Muley who have said they don't have a clue where to start and they've never hunted the Rockies or the west for mule deer and they just want to see the country and take home some deer meat, if at all possible. They are not going to pay a lot for a coordinate but a couple hundred dollars is a lot different than a thiousand or more. I think a fair number of them might surprise you. Not all of these people are broke or poor, they just don't want to put out thousands for an outfiitter but they'd like to shoot some thing, to take home.

Now I don't want people killing young deer but it legal. I will push for larger deer herds and wish we all would allow mule deer to get a few years old before we shoot them, and I'll support regulations that promote that but I will not decide for another person what their standards are, as long as it is legal.

I will never sell coordinates, what I do is help people I find interesting or form a friendship with, fulfill their dreams. I do it because I value the life style and I value the people who also love it. I can't and don't help every body, I pick and choice for what ever trips my trigger, not for money but for personal satisfaction. I will not find fault with someone who does sell info parkages, if it's legal and that is what they want to do.

I fault the regulators for all that goes on, for better or worse, not the sportsmen.

I believe people would buy "meat hunts" for the right price. When price equals value, buyers and sellers make deals.

DC

>You realize Teddy Rosevelt hunted with
>guides right?
>
>In the Wyoming Range...haha how
>ironic.
>
>Thanks for the quote.
>
>ROOSEVELT HUNTED WITH GUIDES IN THE
>WYOMING RANGE!
>
>to be ruled by evil
>men." - Plato

So Founders a guide? Or you find guys talking about being a hunter and using pros laughable? In pointing out Roosevelt's irony, you pretty much do all the other "hunters" who use pros as well. That's what your saying Aspen?

>>I bet even Jeremiah Johnson offered
>>the Indians a snort or
>>some beads to tell him
>>where the Bison were last
>>seen, or the location of
>>a beaver pond.
>>
>>It's human nature, so get off
>>your high horses...
>
>Howd that turn out for the
>bison or beaver?

Excellent reply. Pithy and on point.

Grizzly

-----------------------------------------

"It's time to revisit the widely accepted principle in the United States and Canada that game is a public resource."
-Don Peay, Founder of SFW, as quoted in Anchorage Daily News

Robby: What has set you apart from the hundreds of thousands of hunters out there who claim they want to kill a big mule deer?

Brian: Commitment.

Rokslide, January 2014

Guess commitment costs $1500

Read my 208, I got it out of order but it addresses, why, some people buy information.

We have to be see the world from a lot of other peoples, perspectives to understand. Not everyone sees hunting in the same light as we personally do and to ignore that is nor wise.

All of us come from different situations and back grounds, with different needs and wants. What seems perfectly logical to me or you seems completely irrational to many others.

Yes Alpens, Teddy hunted with guides in Wyoming and he also hunted alone, imagine that. He did what he thought was rational or what satisfied his interests at the time.

I think it might be harder to understand why people love guides and info systems if they never gone to a new location and got whipped and frustrated because, in the time they had, they couldn't get it figured out. If you've never been confused, frustrated and feel like you've wasted limited time and effort am not sure you can understand. And........ yes, for some, they want something more than a great camping, hiking, viewing, smelling, interacting wirh the outdoors and it is frustrating if they at least haven't a decent chance to return home with what they went after. If it happens too often they give up the life style and turn to something other than hunting to take home big game.

DC

Your quote from Rosevelt is so rediculous and actually supports Founder/Brian.

Teddy says: (and you quoted)
?The mere fair-weather hunter, who trusts entirely to the exertion of others, and does more than ride or walk about under favorable circumstances, and shoot at what somebody else shows him, is a hunter in name only. Whoever would really deserve the title must be able, at a pinch, to shift for himself, to grapple with the difficulties and hardships of wilderness life unaided, and not only to hunt, but at times to travel for days, whether on foot or on horseback, alone.?

If someone buys Brian info.... they are still "shifting" for himself, grappling with difficulties and hardships of wilderness life....they are doing so unaided by a guide... and they are traveling for days on their own.... possibly on foot or horseback... they are NOT trusting "entirely" on the exertion of others, no one is holding their gun for them, no one is hauling their food for them, sure Brian told him where the buck "was".

But you then quote a man, Rosevelt, who had a camp cook. Who hired guides to take him to ROSEVELT MEADOWS IN THE TOP OF THE WYOMING RANGE!!! Then Teddy SLAUGHTERS hundreds and hundreds of animals and hauls them out of there with wagons for the SMITHSONIAN :) OH MY HOW NOBLE! He had other men point him to the canyon...he had other men feed him....he had other men haul his animals.

I have read more than 10 or so books on Rosevelt and not seen this quote. He was a hunter but lets face it. He was FRIGGIN FAT. He didnt do much to chase bucks. He had his food spoon fed to him. Ya, sometimes he got out and went after it but generally he was a bit lazy and did exactly the opposite of what he claims in the quote you provided.

WHAT IS SO FUNNY?!? I find it funny that TEDDY ROSEVELT SUPPORTS FOUNDER.....and your quote is the PROOF.

Now that's funny.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

LAST EDITED ON Dec-23-17 AT 11:40AM (MST)[p]>Your quote from Rosevelt is so
>rediculous and actually supports Founder/Brian.
>
>
>Teddy says: (and you quoted)
>____________________________
>?The mere fair-weather hunter, who trusts
>entirely to the exertion of
>others, and does more than
>ride or walk about under
>favorable circumstances, and shoot at
>what somebody else shows him,
>is a hunter in name
>only. Whoever would really deserve
>the title must be able,
>at a pinch, to shift
>for himself, to grapple with
>the difficulties and hardships of
>wilderness life unaided, and not
>only to hunt, but at
>times to travel for days,
>whether on foot or on
>horseback, alone.?
>______________________________________
>
>If someone buys Brian info.... they
>are still "shifting" for himself,
>grappling with difficulties and hardships
>of wilderness life....they are doing
>so unaided by a guide...
>and they are traveling for
>days on their own.... possibly
>on foot or horseback... they
>are NOT trusting "entirely" on
>the exertion of others, no
>one is holding their gun
>for them, no one is
>hauling their food for them,
>sure Brian told him where
>the buck "was".
>
>But you then quote a man,
>Rosevelt, who had a camp
>cook. Who hired guides
>to take him to ROSEVELT
>MEADOWS IN THE TOP OF
>THE WYOMING RANGE!!! Then
>Teddy SLAUGHTERS hundreds and hundreds
>of animals and hauls them
>out of there with wagons
>for the SMITHSONIAN :)
>OH MY HOW NOBLE!
> He had other men
>point him to the canyon...he
>had other men feed him....he
>had other men haul his
>animals.
>
>I have read more than 10
>or so books on Rosevelt
>and not seen this quote.
> He was a hunter
>but lets face it.
> He was FRIGGIN FAT.
> He didnt do
>much to chase bucks.
>He had his food spoon
>fed to him. Ya,
>sometimes he got out and
>went after it but generally
>he was a bit lazy
>and did exactly the opposite
>of what he claims in
>the quote you provided.
>
>WHAT IS SO FUNNY?!? I
>find it funny that TEDDY
>ROSEVELT SUPPORTS FOUNDER.....and your quote
>is the PROOF.
>
>Now that's funny.
>
>to be ruled by evil
>men." - Plato

"Entirely on the exertion of others", guess you want to gloss over that line?

Yup. Sitting at your kitchen table, reading FOUNDERS REPORT, to plan your hunt, is the relying on the exertion of others.

So, Aspen, TR having someone point him to a canyon is different than FOUNDER pointing you to a basin, HOW?

Try to be consistant. Your either a "its all the same" guy, or you make distinctions. You seem to think YOUR the distinction. I see little difference in a GUIDE offering drop camps, and what Founder does. Somehow you must believe that wall tent and cookstove make the difference. I happen to think its the info.

BTW, so does Founder. Read his interviews. Read his writings. Watch his videos. He's all about hard work, effort, commitment, etc. Then he sells you the info from all that and lets you pretend its all the same.

Lastly. Next year, and every year after as more and more Founder clones are scouring the mtn "recouping gas and groceries", and YOU have that tag and a mountain full of "scouts" I can't wait to hear about it.

But. Its ok now, its just screwing those residents that are there every year. Those dumbazz redneck hillbilly with their crazy idea of putting in the time and effort. Being frustrated. Eating tags while learning the ropes. Don't those idiots realize you can just write a check and buy all that?

I sent Founder a request to kill this Thread. I say this so you all don't think he did it to shut me/you up. It was my request. Its outrun its usefulness.

ADMIN I REQUEST YOU KILL THIS

>"Entirely on the exertion of others",
>guess you want to gloss
>over that line?

NO! In fact I addressed it. Notice the word "ENTIRELY". Now if I am not mistaken....if I buy a package of info. I still have to drive there, hike there, look for the animal, pattern the animal, get a shot...etc...etc...etc...

Which is more than the VERY MAN YOU QUOTE did. HE HIRED GUIDES. He would have been better off to get an info packet from Brian! Then he would have been a real hunter....according to himself...and you.

>So, Aspen, TR having someone point
>him to a canyon is
>different than FOUNDER pointing you
>to a basin, HOW?

EXACTLY!?!? It isnt different...but Teddy calls it real hunting! Thats my POINT! You are calling...Teddy is calling...what Brian is doing....REAL HUNTING!

>Try to be consistant. Your
>either a "its all the
>same" guy, or you make
>distinctions. You seem to
>think YOUR the distinction.
>I see little difference in
>a GUIDE offering drop camps,
>and what Founder does.
>Somehow you must believe that
>wall tent and cookstove make
>the difference. I happen
>to think its the info.

You are kidding right? The guide hauls me in there, puts me up in his tent, hauls my game out, shows me where he saw a buck yesterday.... If there is not a difference then lets discuss why a drop camp is 2500 per person and a package for Brian is 1000 for the whole family.

>BTW, so does Founder. Read
>his interviews. Read his
>writings. Watch his videos.
> He's all about hard
>work, effort, commitment, etc.
>Then he sells you the
>info from all that and
>lets you pretend its all
>the same.

Oh, I thought the guys that buy the package still have to go out and HUNT THE ANIMAL...JUST LIKE TEDDY :) Actually better than Teddy because they haul their own meat.....and blankets....and no one is there hold their hand.

>Lastly. Next year, and every
>year after as more and
>more Founder clones are scouring
>the mtn "recouping gas and
>groceries", and YOU have that
>tag and a mountain full
>of "scouts" I can't wait
>to hear about it.

Same amount of guys on the mountain....400 non residents are limited....most residents can afford to scout on their own...and with a Wyoming job and pay they arent likely a client of Brians...thats why they live in Wyoming.

>But. Its ok now, its
>just screwing those residents that
>are there every year.
>Those dumbazz redneck hillbilly with
>their crazy idea of putting
>in the time and effort.
> Being frustrated. Eating
>tags while learning the ropes.
> Don't those idiots realize
>you can just write a
>check and buy all that?

You get no value in living close to the mountain and getting an over the counter tag and being able to hunt for 3 weeks? Oh, then move away. Right? Locals may have just a bit of an edge :)

>I sent Founder a request to
>kill this Post. I
>say this so you all
>don't think he did it
>to shut me/you up.
>It was my request.
>Its outrun its usefulness.
>
>ADMIN I REQUEST YOU KILL THIS POST

I bet you do....now that your quote from Teddy has proved the opposite view you had hoped.

>"The only thing that stops a
>bad guy with a gun
>is a good guy with
>a gun"

Agreed. BANG!

Why would he want to kill a thread that has a ton of hits and posts that are making him money just like his scouting packages do?!!!

>I have read more than 10
>or so books on Rosevelt

Then you should at least know how to spell his name... you got it wrong 4 times in one post.

Grizzly

-----------------------------------------

"It's time to revisit the widely accepted principle in the United States and Canada that game is a public resource."
-Don Peay, Founder of SFW, as quoted in Anchorage Daily News

Just cuz I can read doesnt mean i can schpell

>Why would he want to kill
>a thread that has a
>ton of hits and posts
>that are making him money
>just like his scouting packages
>do?!!!

you provide nothing to this site. you are no better in your comments than that tristate weirdo. please leave this site

txhunter58 said

">That said the law has more
>holes than a fishing net.
>Not worth the paper it
>is written on. So I
>can understand why you would
>be pissed. Prob written so
>narrowly so that it would
>be legal. But as is
>will be a waste of
>taxpayers money to write and
>record."

This is exactly what many said on here about the new aircraft legislation last year. A bunch of legal geniuses I guess.

As a matter of fact is is working rather well, thank you very much.

Founder said:

"This bill, the motivation behind it from both resident hunters of WY and WYOGA, is all about eliminating competition. It's pushed as, ?good for the game?, but only the naive buy that as the true motivation."

Brian,

I'm going to take you to task here; this bill was not pushed by resident hunters. I know that for fact. It was pushed by the WY G&F Dept. I would guess, there were complaints by WYOGA after you began to advertise your service. So blaming resident hunters is wrong.

Remember this before you comment back: the G&F Dept doesn't get one red cent from outfitters in the form of license fees or client fees.

Jeff

LAST EDITED ON Dec-23-17 AT 08:36PM (MST)[p]I had thought you had something to do with it because of some of your previous comments and then this post.
http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/DCForumID35/4330.html#93
But after reading the post again, I must be wrong.
My apologies. I thought resident hunters were all for this bill. Well, I'm glad you all recognize what a bunch of bull it is. Hopefully you're all reaching out to your representatives asking them to toss it out.
It sure seemed there were a lot of resident guys pushing to outlaw me. Must just be in my head.........

>Founder said:
>
>"This bill, the motivation behind it
>from both resident hunters of
>WY and WYOGA, is all
>about eliminating competition. It's pushed
>as, ?good for the game?,
>but only the naive buy
>that as the true motivation."
>
>
>Brian,
>
>I'm going to take you to
>task here; this bill was
>not pushed by resident hunters.
>I know that for fact.
>It was pushed by the
>WY G&F Dept. I would
>guess, there were complaints by
>WYOGA after you began to
>advertise your service. So blaming
>resident hunters is wrong.
>
>Remember this before you comment back:
>the G&F Dept doesn't get
>one red cent from outfitters
>in the form of license
>fees or client fees.
>
>Jeff

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
LIKE MonsterMuleys.com
on Facebook!

LAST EDITED ON Dec-23-17 AT 09:38PM (MST)[p]>>Why would he want to kill
>>a thread that has a
>>ton of hits and posts
>>that are making him money
>>just like his scouting packages
>>do?!!!
>
>you provide nothing to this site.
>you are no better in
>your comments than that tristate
>weirdo. please leave this site
>

I'd tell you what you can kiss, but it's the day before Christmas here and I'll just let your two stupid posts go at that. My post was nothing more than being honest since Founder himself already mentioned on this very thread that the number of views and posts on this site is what makes him money in case you missed it!

I'm sure there won't be many residents fighting to kill this bill. Doubt many will send in support either.

I know, I'm just joking with you.

>I'm sure there won't be many
>residents fighting to kill this
>bill. Doubt many will send
>in support either.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
LIKE MonsterMuleys.com
on Facebook!

This is the USA

This is a conservative website

You guys are Wyoming Republicans

These guys are the defenders of Freedom...right?

-____________________

So a guy legally walks on public land. Looks at a deer. Sells someone a picture and description. AND YOU WANT TO MAKE IT ILLEGAL??????? To share a story and a picture and get a few bucks back?

Most guys buying this package are from out of state. They arent giving out more NR tags. So this info, in no way, makes the deer harvest go up....and even if it did...what is it like 4 guys who pay for a pic and a description?

Are you guys Communists?

I think this topic has been well discussed for now. Let's end this thread.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
LIKE MonsterMuleys.com
on Facebook!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom