fred bear code

Shummy

Very Active Member
I'm not an archer by any means. I have a guy that wants to trade me a Fred Bear Code, plus a couple hundred dollars for a puppy I have for sell. The bow is an 08 and is completely set up and ready to shoot. What can you guys tell me about this bow?

I guess my first question would be what kind of puppy, is it AKC registered and how much are you asking for it? That would give us all a better idea of it the trade is worth it or not.

New Fred Bear Codes appear to be sold out, there is one on E-bay going for $400.00 and one in another sale asking for $500.00. Both bows ready to shoot. I don't know what they went for new however $400.00 for an 08 completely set up might be about right for a fair trade depending on what kind of puppy you have. My 2 cents

GBA

The dog is an FDSB register English pointer, that is 7 months old. I'm asking $800 for the dog. The guy is offering cash on top to make up the price difference. My main question is should I avoid this bow for any reason, and would it be ok for a beginner?

I love English pointers! Great dogs.

From the looks of the reviews I read I would say it is a great bow even for a novice shooter. With you not being real familiar with archery and archery gear I would caution that if you plan to use it for yourself that you make sure it is at least your draw length. Is it possible for you to take it to a PRO Archery shop before making the trade to have them see if it fit's you right? I don't know much about this bow but I would say it's as good as any out there, specially for a beginner.

GBA

LAST EDITED ON Feb-16-12 AT 12:04PM (MST)[p]29 inch draw, which is what I need. I just got a cash offer, so now I'm not sure what to do.

Eta, I raise and train English Pointers professionally, if your ever looking for one, I might be able to hook you up.

It's an entry level bow and a few years old. Bows depreciate like crazy. It's worth $300-350 tops.

I did, you never emailed me the pictures like you said you would. I've completed this deal pending funds.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom