General Tag/ Preference Point Question

pls009

This will be our 1st time hunting in WY. I have 4 pref points and have three buddies that have no points. Applying as a group we will each have 1 preference point. We are applying for a general unit (Non Res). When I read the draw odds on WY Game & Fish website, it appears that we should be a lock to draw the general tag with 1 preference point by applying in the regular draw (less expensive tag) as a group. Am I reading this right? We want to go in 2012 but don't really want to pay for the special tag price if not needed. Thanks for your replies! Paul

Yep, if things go as in the past you are reading it right if you're talking about the General Elk tag where you can hunt a lot of different units. Apply as the party leader and then give the other three guys the number the computer gives you to piggyback with you as a party.

You are correct in your assumption. You will draw your tags in the regular draw as long as applicants stick to their guns and apply the same as they did last year. If a bunch of applicants change gears and decide they want a general tag instead of a limited quota tag then you might have an issue but I wouldn't worry about that too much.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom