GMU:16 #22221: LUERA

Iowan

We drew three antelope tags for unit 16 and they assigned us to the Luera Ranch. I will call the ranch contact in a few days. My experiences with the A-plus ranchers in the past has been exceptional and hoping that will be the case again. Anyone have any experience with the ranch?

Any thoughts on lodging in that area? South of Magdelana about 20 miles maybe?

I have seen the bucks on that ranch just passing by and the bucks in the area. I think it will be a great ranch with good to great animals.

I have seen speedgoats out there while driving 163 into the Gila...was glassing a nice one a few years ago...it's further than that to Mag though...I can't think of any lodging in the area other than camping...the Gila boundary (16C) isn't too far away...

That is something I should have known by now about New Mexico after many trips there - nothing is 20 miles out there - everything is 100 miles away! I just talked to a guy that hunted the ranch a couple years ago and said it is a really good hunt - pretty exciting. Thanks.

There isn't a lot antelope habitat on that ranch, which is good because all the antelope are concentrated in one area. I've seen some giants on there, congrats you will kill a monster for sure.

They are in there for sure. I know it,but never hunting.
I'm only 75 mi away and it's nearby....hah! It's just about 2 hrs...back roads.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom