GO-HUNT

craggar

I HAVE BEEN A MEMBER FOR A LITTLE OVER A YEAR AND I ONLY HUNT A COUPLE OF WESTERN STATES AND MANAGE MY OWN POINTS.DO OTHERS ON HERE THINK IT IS WORTH THE 150.00.THEY ALSO CHARGED MY CARD TO RENEW WITHOUT ASKING,KINDA IRKED ME A LITTLE.WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHT?

Shoot give me $100 I will put you inn!
hornkiller.jpg

I look at it like this... if I'm dedicated enough to join, apply, and build-up points for select hunts then probably not a bad thing.

2f350s: Spend the money on additional licenses and HUNT more!

For only a couple of states...I'd probably say most of these hunt management firms are NOT worth it (HF, GoHUnt, etc.). For a few more states, and if it fits your budget, then probably 'yes'.

Besides, doing your own research from available free resources is more fun AND probably more productive.

I actually love this resource and think it is well worth the money. being able to see draw odds and info about certain units defiantly helps to weed out certain bad spots and focus on better trophy potential areas

I was a little annoyed Go Hunt didn't give me a notification of the renewal as well. I would have renewed, but that seemed sneaky and eroded my trust in them a little. They should have more faith in their product and value. "Auto renewal" put them in the category of magazine subscriptions, opt-out or we keep charging you.

The content Go Hunt produces is pretty good...better than most. I read most of their articles. If you hunt a few States or often change locations, then Go Hunt is useful for research. Where Eastmans and Hunting Fool I often don't/didn't read (just too many stories and not enough info or sharing of knowledge). I found better content on message boards. Hunting Fools biggest benefit is once you draw a tag you can get a list of others who have drawn it in the past. Great for research and talking with guys about their experiences. Guys are more willing to share info if it's a tag you don't draw very often. I've helped a bunch of guys out who were hunting areas I drew once and probably won't again.

I use HF to avoid the hoards of lemmings. I drifted away from Eastmans due to their pimping public but hunting private way of doing things. GoHunt is newer service but honestly there is not much there that you can't find at hunterstrailhead for much cheaper.

@Bughalli -

Sorry to hear you were taken off guard with the "auto-renew" feature of our product. We simply do this for convenience purposes only because we update our information regularly and our membership runs 1 year from your sign-up date. We want our product to be available to our members everyday so they never have to worry about not being able to see what they want, especially during last minute research in application season.

Its very simple to turn of the "auto-renew" feature if you would like. the directions of how to turn it off are listed in the settings of your account but, all you have to do is just email [email protected] and let us know you want that shut off. Also, if you forget to send that email and we charge your card by accident or un-nowingly to you, just email us within a week or two and we will be happy to issue you a refund.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

thanks,
Lorenzo
goHUNT President

I've liked goHunt for the unit filtering (I got my biggest deer so far using that feature) but the Odds section needs some help.

If they would show more than one year of odds so you could see trends and also show all the states (ie. Arizona) it would be more helpful. I subscribed to a competitor just yesterday for the better odds section.

Grizzly

I was listening to a Jay Scott podcast yesterday and it mentioned Go-Hunt was going to add the real Az non resident draw odds before the end of the year. Have you members seen any mention of this?

I'm a big fan of Go HUNT. I apply in many states, and have points in several more that I haven't applied for yet. I was skeptical at first, but decided to try it for a year. I'll be renewing every year, unless something causes a drastic change. I believe that they provide a much better service than the HF. Brady is one of the best backcountry mule deer hunters around, and gives very sound advice. I met Lorenzo this year, and he seemed like a good guy as well. He didn't have the arrogance that many others in the hunting world have, and I always appreciate that.

We are aware of other options for draw odds with more historical data but we have yet to find a source that has the level of accuracy that we have. Odds are a very intricate thing, and it takes a lot to keep them right. We just added 2017 odds to our site so there is 2 years worth of data now and we will keep adding each year.

Arizona draw odds are currently being beta tested and should be live before the end of the year.
Hope this helps give some clarity. Let me know if there are any other questions or concerns.

thanks,
Lorenzo
goHUNT president

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom