Gold Tips

W

wtflash65

I am shooting the 5575 XT hunters now, and have been for a while. And, for the most part, I'm satisfied with them. I have been, however, considering the Pro hunters. Can any of the Gold Tip faithful out there tell me if the straightness tolerance difference is worth making the switch for someone who is mostly just interested in hunting? I go to some 3Ds in the summer, but just for fun. Not to compete. Also, I'm considering changing to 125 grain tips. Would I probably need to get the 7595s?

I think you should be good without switching. There is not a huge difference, but definitely a difference. The 125's should be fine but that all depends on your arrow length, draw weight.

--I'm looking for a man... who calls himself Bucho! That's all! And you had to do it, the hard way!--

The biggest advantage to Pro Hunters is there +/- 0.5 grain weight tolerance. When you buy a dozen the weight is marked on the package and you can buy that same weight next time you need more arrows so they will be the same. The Staightness is +/-.001" compared to +/-.003" on the XT's not a huge differance both very straight, probobly wouldn't see a ton of differance in them because of straightness.

If you want to go to a hevier broadhead check the sizing chart with your arrow length and draw weight and if you ae even close to the 7595 catagory switch to them, you are way better off to have a stiffer arrow for hunting.

I am shooting a Destroyer and because it is such a fast bow i switched from the 5575's to the new velocity 300's which have the same spine as a 7595 with the same weight as a 5575.

I think there is a definite improvement. I noticed a difference when I switched to pros. It all depends on how precise you think you are capable of being.

Like has been said, we'd need to know more about your setup to see if you'd be better off with 7595s and 125 gr tips. My guess is that unless you are shooting light poundage and/or have short arrows, you probably would be better off.

Thanks guys. I'm shooting a Drenalin LD at 70 pounds with a 27.5" arrow. The 5575s are shooting great with the 100 grain heads. The only reason that I'm looking to bump it up to 125s is to give me a heavier arrow in general. According to the 8.2 grains per inch of the 5575s and my calculator, my arrows are only around 373 grains. That's with standard aluminum inserts, standard nocks and 2" blazers. Based on a lot of recent reading, on this site and in the magazines, I'm thinking that I should be shooting an arrow of 400 or more grains. Thanks again.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-10-10 AT 09:34PM (MST)[p]I always shoot 60 pound bows with the same length arrows you do or 28" with 125 gr fixed blade broadheads. A 400 spined arrow can't handle the 125's. I have never been able to broadhead tune my arrows to hit with my field points with 400 spines. Once I switch to the 340 spine alls well. That also puts me over 400 grs on the arrow weight. Try those 125gr heads with those 5575, I bet you'll find it doesn't work so well.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-11-10 AT 12:31PM (MST)[p]>The biggest advantage to Pro Hunters
>is there +/- 0.5 grain
>weight tolerance. When you
>buy a dozen the weight
>is marked on the package
>and you can buy that
>same weight next time you
>need more arrows so they
>will be the same.
>The Staightness is +/-.001" compared
>to +/-.003" on the XT's
>not a huge differance both
>very straight, probobly wouldn't see
>a ton of differance in
>them because of straightness.
>
>If you want to go to
>a hevier broadhead check the
>sizing chart with your arrow
>length and draw weight and
>if you ae even close
>to the 7595 catagory switch
>to them, you are way
>better off to have a
>stiffer arrow for hunting.
>
>I am shooting a Destroyer and
>because it is such a
>fast bow i switched from
>the 5575's to the new
>velocity 300's which have the
>same spine as a 7595
>with the same weight as
>a 5575.

ARROWHNTR
I was considering doing the same thing, how are the Velocity 300's working out?

I just started shooting them and I really like them, I think the stiffer spine makes a big differance ecspecially when shooting broadheads, and my arrows are almost the same weight as my 5575's!

I just shoot the XT's cut equal amounts off of both sides when you build them and you will have an arrow as straight as the pros. I also shoot the 7595 but I only shoot a 100 grain head and I get fantastic groups with BH farther than I can shoot.

If you want to add weight I would suggest using one of the many insert weights available that screw into the back of the insert. This way you use the same BH and don't have to worry about the larger BH causing tuning issues.

And my arrows weight in at 391-2 grains at 27.5 inches long with a 100 grain head with the 7595's and I had plenty of punch to go through all 5 critters I went through last year.

alpinebowman

>>>---shots that are true pass right through--->

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom