Good Question

Cornhusker

Long Time Member
264mag asked a good question an although I seldom start a post I decided to on the 23 minutes I have for lunch so don't worry 264 I'm not cheating the taxpayer. I hate to eat that fast so seldom eat lunch.

The question why does his post of "You can learn a lot listening to Rush" upset me. It really doesn't upset me but it does concern me. Let me explain why it is a good question and why it concerns me.

Rush, O'Reilly, Stewart, Colbert are all entertainers simple as that they shouldn't be considered the voice for either party. When we allow entertainers such as Limbaugh to become the voice of the party we limit the parties effectiveness because those guys entertain for their target audience. Stewart and Colbert do the same but they are seen as political comedians. Rush is seen by some as the voice of conservative Republicans.

In a two-party system we need a strong Republican party. I certainly don't want the Democratic Party to have all the power. When Rush does his show an people on the fringe take it seriously it does nothing but damage the mainstream Republicans. Take a look at how well republics work with one party much stronger than the other, not well.

I would like to see the Republicans right the ship because if they don't you'll have the Democrats operating similar to the PRI in Mexico. That's why no one should take much of what entertainers say as fact. I don't want to go back to the Rush is Right shirt days. Enough lunch is over.

Good points.

The difference between comedy channel viewers and Rush's listeners is who understands it's comedy and who doesn't.

Stewart calls himself " the other fake news " , when will FOX and Rush ever do that.

Saying " learn form Rush " is like saying " learn from Michael Moore " .

Stay thirsty my friends

It all has to do with the audience. Fox and Rush's audience are narrow minded, uneducated rednecks. Colbert and companie's audience know it's comedy and are more educated, open minded, better looking and nail more and hotter girls than Rush's. It has been statistically proven.

Thank's for that response Cornhusker.I can listen to both sides and it's allway's easier said than done,far as Powell I think he was playing a little race card on his comment's about the Rebulican's.I could come back and say which black lady has more brains Rice or Maxine Waters?

Rush is right......

Genghis Khan raped so many women that 1 in 200 people today carry his genes..

Whether you love him, hate him or are indifferent...Rush's show does not try to pass itself off as anything but opinion-oriented programming. This is no different than any of the other left or right leaning pundits out there such as Norman Goldman or Rachael Maddow. Regardless of which way you lean at least none of the above openly tries to pass themselves off as anything but opinionists unlike the rest of them such as fox, cnn, msnbc...etc. Anyone that is intellectually honest(or intellectual at all) would have to admit that ALL of the "News" organizations broadcasting today are so steeped in opinion and carefully crafted bias and bent that they can in no way be construed as straightforward newsfolk. The last dying breath of anything that could be considered as genuine "News" outlets was when the last "reporters" gave way to what we have come to know now as "journalists". Sure there are kernels of fact peppered throught these broadcasts but just like kernals of corn in a cow-pie they are so covered in pure bullcrap you have to look close to even find them.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-17-13 AT 09:07AM (MST)[p]>No comparison your retarded? and you
>work for the school system?Hmmmmm
>

It should read you're retarded, not your retarded. Should have stayed in school Manny instead of getting punched in the head during your boxing career.

Nemont

Manny I can hardly follow you anymore. I'm starting to wonder which one of us has CTE. A short swarthy guy like yourself should have boxed in close that many shots to the head is never good. If we would have only known at the time.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom