Governors Sheep Tag Poaching Incident-WLH!

>So you actually believe it is
>both ethical and a responsibility
>of the DWR to feed
>you gossip about other hunters?????
> Plus you believe they
>should do so by your
>schedule?????
>
>You have a rather distorted view
>of government and entitlement.

Distorted view? I'm only following their leads!

www.wildlife.utah.gov/law-enforcement.html

"Poachers are thieves who steal your wildlife - turn them in!"

Read the other stuff and note that they heavily rely on sportsmen to provide tips and information and are encouraging us to provide those tips and information through various avenues with possible rewards for the tipsters.

Click on Officers on Patrol and read about the cases they have and/or are working on. This one isn't among them and some of us are wondering why.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-26-16 AT 12:38PM (MST)[p]"Vanilla-

Fishy-not!
Most working men just don't have time to spend there days and nights monitoring hunting forums, just chomping at the bit to post a reply to something they most likely know nothing about!"

-270WSM

But those same people have time to create and account and post an allegation with no information to back it up? Yeah, that makes a crap ton of sense!

And I'm one of them? One of who? I don't even know what that means? Can someone help me out there?

The only thing I ever said about this is the allegations and then lack of information seemed fishy to me. And I was going to wait to crucify WLH or indict the DWR for not doing anything until I had more information. Since it wasn't coming from the accusers here, I decided to ask someone I thought might know something about it. Turns out, I have a little more information now. But I still have no clue whether the DWR is investigating or involved. So it's tough for me to criticize them...for now.

And yes, if the DWR has information that a potential state record ram was illegally killed by the governor's tag holder guided by a prominent guide service...they should at least acknowldge it. There would be no more high profile poaching case in Utah's history. But I don't know what, if anything, that the DWR knows.

Just spoke with the Regional Biologist-- The Nebo was on rotation only for the Sportsman Tag holder NOT the Governors tag holder. The Sportsman tag holder was "eyeing" that ram also. The DWR in SLC heard that the hunter and guide were going after that ram and tried to call them but they had already killed the ram. The rotation aspect of the sheep hunt is not published in the guidebook but is included in the licensing procedure for each tag holder. DWR law enforcement is actively investigating and making decisions in regards to the appropriate action. Because the "rotation" aspect is not included in the guidebook, it has become problematic legally.
I remember very well the discussion at the WB meeting in regards to the "rotation" rule. It was meant to not give the Governors tag holder any extra preference over the public "sportsmans" tag holder, but was meant to try and make sure that the "sportsmans" tag holder would not have to compete with the Governors tag holder on certain units.
I'll try find out where DWR law enforcement is on this asap.

The Sportsmans tag holder received a letter with all the information concerning the units he could hunt etc. Not sure what the Governors tag holder received>

>Just spoke with the Regional Biologist--
>The Nebo was on rotation
>only for the Sportsman Tag
>holder NOT the Governors tag
>holder. The Sportsman tag holder
>was "eyeing" that ram also.
>The DWR in SLC heard
>that the hunter and guide
>were going after that ram
>and tried to call them
>but they had already killed
>the ram. The rotation aspect
>of the sheep hunt is
>not published in the guidebook
>but is included in the
>licensing procedure for each tag
>holder. DWR law enforcement is
>actively investigating and making decisions
>in regards to the appropriate
>action. Because the "rotation" aspect
>is not included in the
>guidebook, it has become problematic
>legally.
>I remember very well the discussion
>at the WB meeting in
>regards to the "rotation" rule.
>It was meant to not
>give the Governors tag holder
>any extra preference over the
>public "sportsmans" tag holder, but
>was meant to try and
>make sure that the "sportsmans"
>tag holder would not have
>to compete with the Governors
>tag holder on certain units.
>
>I'll try find out where DWR
>law enforcement is on this
>asap.

Thanks for the info! At least we now know something's actually happening. Utah's wildlife rules get crazier and more complicated every year and even the DWR can't seem to keep up, let alone guides and hunters. Yep, size matters!

>The biggest of every game animal
>is doomed no matter where
>they try to hide. That
>is what it has come
>to. No escape!

Usually with a BIG F'N Price Tag on their Head as Well!

[font color="blue"]She put a Big F.U. in My Future,Ya She's got a
way with Words[/font]

Correction--the Nebo unit is closed to all tag holders except for those who drew the unit specificallly. It is an off year any one else

>Correction--the Nebo unit is closed to
>all tag holders except for
>those who drew the unit
>specificallly. It is an off
>year any one else

......so WLO saved the poor sportsman tag holder from getting boiled in hot oil......so nice of them.

>>Correction--the Nebo unit is closed to
>>all tag holders except for
>>those who drew the unit
>>specificallly. It is an off
>>year any one else
>
>
>......so WLO saved the poor sportsman
>tag holder from getting boiled
>in hot oil......so nice of
>them.

WLO saved the Sportsmans Tag holder from gettting boiled here on MM!:D

way with Words[/font]

So the important question is, since I called Springville first, when this turns up poaching, I get a sheep tag CORRECT??? Seems pretty fair, especially since the Monty Burns dude was just some made up name with a bone to pick with WLH, and just spreading lies. Now that a legit guy like NEBO is in, I can look forward to my tag? And yes, I WILL put a Utah flag on the stock of the gun, I see thats what the cool kids are doing. BTW, aren't you supposed to wear orange during a rifle season?

"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun"

>So the important question is, since
>I called Springville first, when
>this turns up poaching, I
>get a sheep tag CORRECT???
> Seems pretty fair, especially
>since the Monty Burns dude
>was just some made up
>name with a bone to
>pick with WLH, and just
>spreading lies. Now that
>a legit guy like NEBO
>is in, I can look
>forward to my tag?
>And yes, I WILL put
>a Utah flag on the
>stock of the gun, I
>see thats what the cool
>kids are doing. BTW,
>aren't you supposed to wear
>orange during a rifle season?
>
>
>"The only thing that stops a
>bad guy with a gun
>is a good guy with
>a gun"

Orange?

WTF is that on a Guided Hunt?

You can watch many of YouTube Clips on LE Rifle Hunts with the Hunter Shooting/Hunting with not a GAWD-DAMNED Stitch of Orange on!

And then I Get My Ass Reamed in Colorado for not having any Orange on While Driving My Truck down the Road!

Go Figure!

way with Words[/font]

It makes sense why tri posted the picture outing WLH on the other thread. He's trying to beat hoss to the tag for turning in the poachers!

Sounds like there's alot of Hunters trying to get a FREEBIE Tag!

way with Words[/font]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom