Gravely range in Montana

3Js

Has anyone hunted the Gravely Range in Montana. I am a newby that will be headed out the second week in September for a Elk bow hunt. Per outfitter we will be hunting down from 8800 feet to 5500 feet. What will I expect in regards to slope, temperature extremes and any other things one would need to know for the hunt. I have no idea what to pack and since I am flying out I am restricted to luggage weight.

I hunted there 2 years ago in rifle season. You will see BEUTIFUL country. There were some elk there but by time I got there they were pretty jungled up. Hikeing was good, lots of open country for glassing.We saw more moose than Elk (22 in 12 days). Be prepared for all extreems as far as temp and weather.Dressing in layers is a must!! Good luck.

I hunted there once in 2001, beautiful and good elk country. I also hunted there in the middle of the rifle season and most of the elk had been pushed to private land or more inaccessable areas. We did see lots of elk in SW edge of the SnowCrest Mountains, but never got a clear shot. You should have a excellent hunt.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom