Guaranteed not to draw...

luckless

So I purchased an exact copy of my bow set-up on Ebay today; thereby guaranteeing I will not draw my deer or elk tags I have been so fervantly dreaming about.

DC

Uh oh. Yesterday I was at Cabela's & bought a new pair of Mendl hiking boots.

>So I purchased an exact copy
>of my bow set-up on
>Ebay today; thereby guaranteeing I
>will not draw my deer
>or elk tags I have
>been so fervantly dreaming about.
>
>
>DC

I thought you were in Italy or some place like that?

Good luck in the draw.

Dan, that is definitely bad mojo.

Prior to the draws, you have to not even think about hunting. This way your bad luck goes to guys like doseof7mag, and kimbersig.

The best thing you can do for good luck on a hunt is to not bring a knife.

If you want to totally blow a hunt, bring a meat pack with you.

It works the same way if someone goes with you and has everything with them their bad luck rubs off on you.

Proof this year is the one time I went out by myself with nobody to help pack out my barbary I got my ram. When I had help, nothing happened or we screwed up.

Stick to fishing and home projects. Let the day sneak up on you.

I have a lucky shirt that is now supernatural in my opinion. It is in tatters, but, I wore it a couple times this year and you guessed it, I had it on when I shot my best buck ever this year.

What is some of the other superstitious stuff you guys do.

I dont do anything for the draw itself except hope and pray. However in the off chance that I do draw or find some way to go hunting I have a bobble head bull elk that rides in the truck with me. I seem to have pretty good luck when he is around and gets a pat on the head before I head out.

Paul
We were cleaning out the basement last weekend and my wife found a complete frog skeleton behind a file cabinet. One of my sons lost his frog out of his aquarium a few years back and we could never find it. I'm suprised that thing didn't stink up the house!! Mom wasn't too happy, but the 3 boys thought it was hilarious.

Does this mean we will have good luck???????

>Paul
>We were cleaning out the basement
>last weekend and my wife
>found a complete frog skeleton
>behind a file cabinet.
>One of my sons lost
>his frog out of his
>aquarium a few years back
>and we could never find
>it. I'm suprised that
>thing didn't stink up the
>house!! Mom wasn't too
>happy, but the 3 boys
>thought it was hilarious.
>
>Does this mean we will have
>good luck???????

carry it in your pocket for a month and that is a Bighorn tag for sure.

I super jinxed myself. Just wrote down all the hunt codes for all 6 of my picks and put it in my pocket. I checked my last successful e-mail and they just sent the code, nothing else.

Thanks Zim
I guess if one of us draws an ibex, sheep, elk, deer or goat tag then I can chalk it up to the dead amphibian. If we don't draw, then I can blame my wife for throwing it out a week before the draw.

Paul
I would think three years in the basement should be better luck than one month in the pocket.

I am thinking a sheep or ibex tag to go along with my colorado mountain goat and LE archery elk tags would be nice!!

>I super jinxed myself. Just
>wrote down all the hunt
>codes for all 6 of
>my picks and put it
>in my pocket. I
>checked my last successful e-mail
>and they just sent the
>code, nothing else.

Better not be jinxing the people you put in with as well...

I would keep it in your pocket as insurance. Just put it in a small zip lock sandwich bag.

The dead frog paid off!!!!
just got two emails form NMG&F - My son and I drew our second choice ML antelope tags for unit 50/52!!!!!

Yup - definitley the dead frog worked.

I also got emails for a youth ibex tag for my son and a 16D rifle elk tag for me!!!!!!!!!

So now I have to figure out how to do a NM pronghorn hunt, a CO archery elk hunt, a Colorado mountian goat hunt, a NM ibex hunt, and a NM elk hunt.

My wife is gonna kill me when I tell her the news.........

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom