Harvest Justification

O

OldTimer12

LAST EDITED ON Jun-17-13 AT 08:44AM (MST)[p]Do you harvest a deer every year? Why or Why not?
What about an elk?

No. Too much work once you pull the trigger.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Yes, that is why I buy a tag. If I don't it sure wasn't because I didn't try and put on many boot miles.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

I don't harvest game at all. I kill them. I try to kill something to eat every year. Two years ago did not kill a single big game animal to eat. I think that was the first time in a very long time that has happened to me. This year I was very fortunate to get a muley and a lope.

I buy a tag to hunt and harvest. I get a tag, I make every effort possible to fill it. Tag soup sucks and ain't very filling either. I do hunt for the thrill and the excitement it gives me and any animal I tag makes me giddy. Sure a big buck or bull would be grand but ultimately a monster is just a bonus on top of everything else.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

LAST EDITED ON Jun-17-13 AT 11:35AM (MST)[p]I usually kill a couple of big game animals to fill the freezer usually it's at least one deer an antelope or two or an elk. I shoot a lot of waterfowl an upland birds an usually catch enough fish to eat well. I grew up eating what was shot mainly and prefer wild meat rather than beef or pork and processed line chickens I wouldn't think of eating.

I don't. If someone else will be hunting something different, or in a better area, I will sacrifice my hunt in order to go with them and help out. I killed a buck in 2010 with my bow. Before that, I killed one in 2007 with my bow as well. That's it for me in the last 6 hunting seasons. No LE tag for me, but two for family members, and a Buffalo/Whitetail hunt with my Bro-in-Law to South Dakota.

While I love hunting, I've killed a lot of smallish bucks as a teen and in early 20s- Now I'd like to hunt for more mature bucks only and have done so on a few archery hunts, passing small bucks all day. I don't feel the need to kill every year- but those years I do, I sure feel great about it... :)

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

Amen, Bean Man. I shot a cow last year, and helped with two others. I'll also shoot a whitetail doe. I've only shot 3 muley bucks in the last 10 years plus one whitetail. I always get an antelope license but have not shot one since 2006. Kill an elk, save a mule deer. Kill a whitetail. Save the mule deer till they are big. I figure those licenses I buy and don't use are money well spent.

Fred and Jim are right on. I normally get a CA deer. I get drawn in CO about every 4-5 years, and always fill that tag plus an OTC bull every once in awhile. My wife and I love the meat!! pc

It's good to know that some people can go at least one year without. I was raised on deer and elk, I do not like greasy beef. I hunt every year, but there is no way I could justify killing one every year. I'm no T-Rex. One of these years I would like to see more deer than hunters.

;-) Mickey Mouse Outfitters provides an experience you will never forget, because we always do it Micky Mouse style. We always guarantee shots. It might be at the ground or in the air, but it's a guarantee we are committed to.

Not the last 15-20 years or so but before that, i always got my share. Nowadays, unless i draw a really good tag, i keep telling myself to at least take a meat buck if i see one because i do love the meat. Things change though when that forky is just standing there asking to be shot. Poor lil guy ain't bothering nobody...

I guess i like the hunt part but not so much the killing. If a Dandy, for where i'm hunting, comes along, That's a different story.

About half of my outa state trips were empty pockets and unfilled tags when i got back home. Some of my best hunts i passed up tons of decent bucks but never once touched the trigger. Those days, i had a blacktail or two already in the freezer so it wasn't so much about the meat as getting one that i really wanted.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Pull the Trigger?

JUDAS!

Pull the Trigger & You're done!

Guess I like to Hunt & Hope the NOMAD Buck Screws up!

It ain't happened yet!:D

This Story happens alot it's True!
But Ya Best Hope it don't ever happen to you!

When I go hunting it is to fill my tag. I enjoy the hunt but a hunt is not complete with the kill. I can't eat sightings, close calls and memories.

4 elk in the last 5 years.
and a deer every year since I was 16 years old.

I hunt deer and elk, I don't hunt bucks or bulls.

I will shoot the first legal animal I see of whichever species I'm hunting. The only exception is when I am elk hunting I won't shoot a deer because I don't want to lose precious elk hunting time packing out a deer. Even with this hunting philosophy I have only killed 4 does in the 17 years that I've been hunting.

I have shot some good bucks and I enjoy getting bucks but meat in the freezer lasts longer than the excitement of new antlers.

a good dry doe is great for grilling! I've had some tough old cow elk off the back country before. I prefer antelope to any other meat. but, damn.. guys, dont be admitting you shoot Doe's for meat.. ol Dipshiz 350 will attempt to make a further ass of himself and put on a display of his man hood by demanding you be as macho as he and only shoot 200" mulies. which he's never done, but likes to brag as if he has. LMAO

I like to buy tags for everything I can and end the season with a pocket full of paper and a dozen sweet camping trips...NOT!

As a hunter I am a killer and PROUD of it.

I'm selective but I use every legal and ethical means to fill my tag in the way I want and honor the animal by using all of it that I can!

When it all boils down, some tags get filled and others don't but it's not for lack of trying.

Justify? To whom? I'm a hunter!

Zeke

Well, while I do not kill deer every year because as I get older I do not feel the need to and prefer to wait for Mr Big(or Mr Big Enough).

That said I do want to kill and elk every year because of the meat.

So, if you like deer as much as I like Elk I certainly have no place telling you not to kill a deer.

In the big picture, while I agree with the saying, "just because you can doesn't mean you should", for big game tags I believe as long as it is legal I won't complain to you about it, but I may lobby to change the law.

PS While I agree that deer numbers are down I still can find 20+ deer a day early season and 100+ deer a day after the 20th of October, so I don't think they are going extinct any time soon.

I don't feel like I need to justify anything - If I have a tag, it's legal for me to take an animal with that permit. That's why I put in for tags - so I can fill my freezer. My wife and I both drew deer tags this year (one muzz, one rifle) and I'm going to try my hardest to help her fill her tag regardless if it's a 2 pt or a nice big buck.

Still waiting to find out if I'll be toting a WY deer tag in my pocket this fall - If I do, I'll be fairly selective since I have a muzz deer tag to fall back on.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-18-13 AT 03:12PM (MST)[p]I've always said that unless a buck is going to be mounted it's just a meat buck! (regardless of size) Period.

Is there anything "better" about killing a 3 point or a small 4 pt over a 2 point? Is there anything better about killing a rut-worthy buck right before the rut? Is it really better for the herd?

We all know the real answers to the questions so I guess it all boils down to a personal choice.

Freedom of choice is the single biggest reason we hunt. It's a choice and a freedom that we usually don't have in any other area of our lives.

I'm all for limiting hunters and mandating antler point restrictions (I've seen it work and it limits hunters) and I'm a big fan of LE units and will lobby for more, but until that time comes the general season will be just that, general and open to individual choices.

Killing a 2 pt will do nothing to negatively impact the following rut but killing a nice 4 point might. Maybe we should look at this from another direction if we care about the herd. Maybe we should ONLY be able to kill 2 point bucks... like killing spike-only elk. Think about it! (No, I'm not advocating that we should do that)

I know there are a bunch of guys who look down their nose at any hunter who would kill a 2 point but it's simply macho based and has little to do with science or herd health.

If you have a tag feel free to use it in a legal and ethical manner.... it's your CHOICE! I will choose to do what I want with my tag.

Zeke

Guess I'll be one of the only honest hunters on here to answer your question.

"I hunt horns" and I'm not afraid to admit it like a lot of hunters. I could lie and say that every year I would like to shoot a great big buck but when that doesn't work out I'm completely satisfied with the annually forky to fill the freezer. This just isn't the case for me and hasn't been since I figured out how to hunt. I killed enough forky bucks in my teens and won't haul a baby off the hill "or at least not until my 2 year old is old enough to start shooting his first forky's".

I only shoot trophy bucks, period, the end.

184 & 194 are the gross scores of the 2 bucks I took during my 3 year dedicated hunter general unit tag. I took them in the 1st and 3rd year. The 2nd year buck that I hunted and didn't end up killing would have broke the 200" mark but he was elusive and only gave me one split opportunity to kill him that didn't work out " he was only 1 of 3 bucks I scouted that year that I would have killed".

Lets be honest: beef, pork, chicken, etc all taste much better than venison. Elk is pretty good and not as wild tasting but we are talking about deer here. Most of you spend more money trying to kill a forky than you would have spent on a 1/2 or full butchered beef. So is it really about the meat?? I know the experience, etc etc. Thats why I'm mainly in this thing also. I get pleasure out of glassing bucks and letting them live. Only the big boys die!!

The moral to my story is that none of you hunters are starving. You have plenty of cash to spend on gear, gas, tags, trailers, quads, etc etc, so the meat isn't really the big issue. It's the experience.

Here is what I suggest: eat tag soup if you can't kill a good mature buck. Those of you that say you hate to eat tag soup and kill forky are the reason that you have to kill forky every year. Let the babies grow up!!! that 2nd or 3rd year buck will possibly be a brute in 2 or 3 years. Believe me, 2 year old deer meat tastes just as wild as 10 year old deer meat. The only difference is the antlers on their heads.

Get off your butts and go find some big horned deer to kill and eat. It usually takes hiking, leaving the quad behind, planning, setting up a high country camp, and scouting. Then the forky you could have shot 4 years ago from the quad is now living at 9,000 feet near your high country camp and you get to mount him on the wall to help remind you of the pain, sweat, and joy you experience during that hunt.

maybe this will strike some conversation??

I HUNT HORNS!!

Hilltop hunter,

I have been and will be completely honest here. I grew up on wild game meat. I absolutely LOVE the taste of deer meat. I will always pick deer over pork or chicken, and sometimes beef. Right now I have 4 lbs. of deer hamburger on the counter next to me. Gonna make hamburger stakes with it. I crave it daily.

Do I like to shoot deer with big horns. You bet. But honestly before I pick horns hunt for age. I have passed on plenty of big horned young deer to smoke a smaller horned old deer. And I don't care what anyone says. A big old buck tastes great. I have never understood why people say deer doesn't taste good. All I can figure is they are not handling the meat properly or not aging it.

I hunt for multiple reasons and you better believe a big pot of deer chilly is one of them.

hilltop, you want a pat on the back? If all you want is horns, take up shed hunting. Then you wont have all that Shiitty meat to deal with. Jeezus. mtmuley

I would probably shoot bigger animals if we didn't like the meat so much. I haven't shot a deer or an elk every year, though it is generally more a function of lack of time available to hunt those years. Been holding out for 4 points the last few years, to both extend time in the field (when I have it) and to become a better hunter.

I've not had any wild game I killed that I did not like. My wife favors deer over the elk and antelope, though she likes those too. We don't need as much meat as we used to, but find there are a couple of other families that do and they like the meat.

Not opposed to big antlers, but not willing to give up the healthiest and best tasting meat we can get, so take my time with deer and will shoot a young buck later in the hunt. Elk is first legal animal down. Some of us hunt fairly cheap. Living in the right areas and not needing the latest in all of the gear helps keep costs down. Hour for hour, it is not that expensive of R&R for those that hunt close to home and keep it simple.

Loved this part the best: "The moral to my story is that none of you hunters are starving." Moderation is not is everyone's vocabulary.
The best time I have ever had hunting was when I didn't have a gun or a tag. Helping my father and brother. I was the one doing the brushing, even though I normally would not hunt that way.

;-) Mickey Mouse Outfitters provides an experience you will never forget, because we always do it Micky Mouse style. We always guarantee shots. It might be at the ground or in the air, but it's a guarantee we are committed to.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-18-13 AT 07:06PM (MST)[p]Hilltop, For someone to imply that anyone who hunts small bucks on purpose isn't honest or isn't doing it the way it should be done may be your way of looking at deer hunting, but it's not the way many of us view it. And it's certainly not the way the original Native American deer hunters viewed it.

You're more than welcome to hunt the way you do, but please don't try to tell me that that's the only way to hunt! Just because a buck happens to have the genetics, nutrition and time to grow big antlers, it doesn't mean he's a more worthy challenge or target than a smaller antlered buck. Smaller antlered bucks can be just as challenging and demanding of our skills and just as fun to hunt as the monster.

You may have the time, money, health, ability and desire to hunt like you do, but I don't. I much prefer to make them do all the work while I do my best to outthink them. You have your way of hunting and you love it. I have my way and love it just as much!
Let's keep it that way!

HILLTOP........GET THAT BOYSCOUT BROWNIE BADGE OUT, SHINE IT UP A BIT, AND PIN IT ON YOUR CHEST....."I HUNT HORNS"....VERY IMPRESSIVE !!!!! DONT PASS JUDGEMENT ON THE WAY OTHERS HUNT........NICE BADGE !!!!!!!!!!.................YD.

I usually don't chime in on these conversations but I am surprised at the reaction to hilltops post.

If it is all about the meat, why is this website that you are spending your time on called monster Muleys. How much business would a website dedicated to meat hunters receive. Did you do a google search for meat buck forum and find monster Muleys by accident? I find that shooting a fork horn out of a group of does is not rewarding at this point in my hunting career. That's where I am personally at, to each his own.

Why we would you wait ten years for a tag and shoot the first meat buck you see? I have yet to see a post on here asking for advice from the excited hunter who just drew a coveted doe tag after years of waiting.

Do you guys read hunting magazines for the meat buck stories? Maybe we should have the fattest meat buck photo contest, only 18 month old forks allowed. The prizes awarded would be fabulous due to all of the participation. Anyone want to invest in my new hunting magazine, Meat Buck Crazy?

I agree it is not all about the horns, but I want to hunt mature mule deer and tag soup is part of that equation. A successful hunt should not be measured by either punching your tag every time or just large racks. It's the planning, experience, friends and being outdoors. It is a year around obsession for me that leads up and ends with the hunt.

Carry on, Rich

By reading a lot of these posts I have to think that most trophy hunters think that everyone should have to hunt like them or they shouldnt be allowed to hunt. Pretty sad if this is the way hunting is headed. Do what you like and FTW.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-18-13 AT 10:20PM (MST)[p]Opinions are like azzholes......everybody has one. Problem is, some guys have stuffed their head up there so many times, ........just sayin'!

And by the way.....you "harvest" row crops.....you "kill" animals.......cut the BS. It makes you look like a wimpy little biotch....!

"Being an idiot is NOT an art form. Give it up!"

Watch who you're calling names, macho man! I'll have you know that I killed a dozen cobs of corn on the BBQ this last Saturday. I grabbed them by the neck, cut off their tassles, half skinned them alive, threw them in some water and drowned them for an hour or so, then threw them on the hot fire for about 15 minutes. When I got done we ate them, along with some cow elk steaks from an animal I harvested last year. Both of them were as dead as they were ever going to be!!

And, frankly, the cow elk wasn't much harder to kill than the corn. A 37 yard shot from a bolt action, scoped .308, 40 yards from the end of the road, wenched to the back of the vehicle on a 100 foot rope and a 50 foot cable and lifted into the back by 4 willing husky men while I watched. Then lifted up into a tree by a block and tackle and then skinned the next morning (I did do that!), quartered (I did that also!), bagged, put into the back of the Blazer ande taken to Hunsaker's for processing/freezing and picked up a week later to take home to Enoch. The only differences were the corn didn't move or bawl and the elk pieces were bigger and heavier. Food is food no matter how you obtain it!

If the animal is legal to harvest why in the hell does someone care if it is a forky, 3 point or monster? For all you know it may be a trophy to the hunter that shot it, cause last time I looked in the dictionary Trophy Muley didn't have a definite score stated there.

We all have different definitions on what a big buck is and that changes every year, season, maybe even day on the hunt. Too many variances to describe it.

There are bucks that I might see shot and think, NO way would I pull the trigger on that buck. Then again, I am sure many people view my bucks the same way...

Mntman

Of course the "Big White Horse" I ride around on doesn't seem too tall cause my feet drag on the ground due to me being so F'en tall...

I harvest deer every year. I get elk and deer tags every year and make sure that the freezer is full. Last year I passed up 16 bucks before I pulled the trigger and had a cow elk in the freezer. I hunt deer on private ranches in different states and they are over run with deer. I get permission by harvesting the does. in two days last year saw over 300 does. we harvested 12 and I donate them to the homeless shelters. I usually donate between 15 to 20 deer and antelope every year.

I think that Oregon is the only guy on here that understood my post.

Trophy hunting is what I choose to do. Many people are the same way and just don't say it. It is ok if other hunters kill small forky deer every year. I'm just fed up with a lot of the so called "meat hunters" coming up with excuses year after year why they shoot immature bucks and always resort back to the "I hunt for the meat and if the horns are big thats just a bonus". A lot of times thats just B.S. and a cop out for guys that won't get off their butts and put some miles on to find the mature bucks. Not everyone has to hunt and kill trophy deer. The experience of hunting is the real trophy. I was just trying to get a few of you that have tunnel vission to open your eyes and realize that if you quite shooting the small bucks they mature and then eventually you have a chance to kill decent bucks every year.

A few of you mentioned that forkys can be very smart and hard to kill. I guess its all in ones perspective, and maybe if they don't stand for a broadside shot from the road they are considered smart? There are some smart forky bucks out there but they are running will big mature bucks that have taught them to be smart. Most forky bucks running with does or other immature bachelor herds are stupid and easy to kill. This is a fact, and this is why they get killed often and easy.

I realize that some people have a handicap whether it be age (young or old), weight, a disability, or just plain stupidity and can't physically hunt the areas that most big bucks like to live. I was not talking about this group and these hunters are often left with only small buck options which is 100% completely fine because like I said "its about the experience".

The group I was mostly talking to are the able bodied guys out there that spend more time on forums talking hunting strategies ten actually going out and scouting some deer so that they don't have to make the forky meat hunter excuse every year. If your hunting technique and area only produce meat bucks every year and you are content with that then I'm happy for you. All I'm saying is enough with the meat buck excuses becuase chronic forky meat buck killers greatly reduce the amount of mature trophy bucks on the hills and I don't care what biological survey you come up with it is the truth. I let so many deer go every year and I enjoy wating them mature the next year if I find them again. My personal experience is that if you let these 2-4 year old deer mature then you end up harvesting them and get both the meat and the trouphy. So if you want to kill trophy deer let the small ones live and eat tag soup sometimes, move locations if your not finding good deer, and put on your hiking boots and quit making excuses for shooting bambi.

One last note:
I never said that I don't butcher and eat the deer that I kill. Although I would guess that a large number of hunters also prefer beef, pork, and chicken to wild venison. It was just to prove a point that its not our only source of meat to get us through the winter like it was for many people in the past.

The first fish and game meeting that I went to, someone said that all the deer were on private land. This makes perfect sense. The deer will go where they will be left alone. If private land owners have a problem with animals on their land, it is their own fault if they do not let responsible hunters hunt there. I dream of the being "overrun" with deer.

>I usually don't chime in on
>these conversations but I am
>surprised at the reaction to
>hilltops post.
>
>If it is all about the
>meat, why is this website
>that you are spending your
>time on called monster Muleys.
>How much business would a
>website dedicated to meat hunters
>receive. Did you do a
>google search for meat buck
>forum and find monster Muleys
>by accident? I find
>that shooting a fork horn
>out of a group of
>does is not rewarding at
>this point in my hunting
>career. That's where I
>am personally at, to each
>his own.
>
> Why we would you wait
>ten years for a tag
>and shoot the first meat
>buck you see? I
>have yet to see a
>post on here asking for
>advice from the excited hunter
>who just drew a coveted
>doe tag after years of
>waiting.
>
>Do you guys read hunting magazines
>for the meat buck stories?
> Maybe we should have
>the fattest meat buck photo
>contest, only 18 month old
>forks allowed. The prizes awarded
>would be fabulous due to
>all of the participation.
>Anyone want to invest in
>my new hunting magazine, Meat
>Buck Crazy?
>
>I agree it is not all
>about the horns, but I
>want to hunt mature mule
>deer and tag soup is
>part of that equation. A
>successful hunt should not be
>measured by either punching your
>tag every time or just
>large racks. It's the planning,
>experience, friends and being outdoors.
>It is a year around
>obsession for me that leads
>up and ends with the
>hunt.
>
>Carry on, Rich

The fact that you're surprised at the reaction is troubling, at least to me and it should be to you. You mean you didn't know that a lot of people don't think like you? Don't you have family members or friends that disagree on some issue including "trophy" hunting? Well, welcome to Earth, my friend!

You did redeem yourself, though, within the last few sentences of your post with "A successful hunt should not be measured by either punching a tag every time or just large racks. It's the planning, experience, friends and being outdoors." That sounds just like my late cow elk and doe deer hunts last year, as well as my archery deer hunt and archery elk hunt.

BTW, It's called Monster Muleys in order to attract all hunters because even we "meat" hunters enjoy seeing and hunting big ones. It just isn't a year round obsession and we have other things that take priority in our lives. Plus, haven't you noticed that only one sub-forum (Mule Deer) is actually devoted to "Monster Muleys" and even that one deals with non-Monster Muleys as evidenced by my weekly doe transplant updates "Will it work?"

Bottom line, as you put it, "to each his own". Let's keep it that way!

Hilltop

I certainly won't criticize you for being a trophy hunter. I hunt deer and elk and measure success by the contents of my freezer. I put a lot of time with boots on the ground to be able to kill a deer and elk every year. I think I put more effort into meat hunting than a lot of guys do who trophy hunt. But that is because it is most important ot me to put meat on the ground. It is because my main purpose is for meat that I don't typically shoot bigger bucks although I have been lucky to kill a couple very good deer.

I have no bad feeling towards the trophy hunters as long as they recognize that not everyone is in the field for the same reasons they are. I understand what you mean about the guys who call themselves meat hunters and then complain about the low numbers of big bucks and I agree that there are a lot of guys out there who are lying to themselves about what they are really after.

The only time I disagree with trophy hunters when they advocate for additional restrictions that they believe will improve their chances of killing a trophy. But like you said those trophy bucks are out there and if you put in the effort you will find them.

For the record, my favorite meat is pork, but I'll take a deer or elk steak over beef any day.

Well boys,
I can understand the contention in the conversations since it's human nature to want others to conform to our way of doing things.

One thing we have to realize is there are lots of ways to hunt and everyone hunts for a different reason and perhaps a different "feeling" or experience.

We're certainly all passionate about our sport and we should recognize, and perhaps even appreciate, the differences between us.

I understand and appreciate the position of hilltophunter. I trophy hunt too but not every hunt is a trophy hunt and not every hunter is, or should be, a trophy hunter. That's OUR choice and we should not be telling others how to do it or what they should enjoy.

Last year I had 3 seperate trophy hunts before the deer hunt ever started: Mountain goat, Dall sheep/caribou and a LE trophy elk tag. The deer hunt was a family outing with grandkids and all and ANY buck was on the menu for the season. If someone ran into me on that deer hunt they could jump to all the misinformed conclusions that they wanted but they wouldn't have a clue about me. They could puff out their chest and look down their nose all they wanted but they still wouldn't know anything about the enjoyment that little buck brought to me.

I guess the point is this, we are all different and we're not all after the same thing, thank goodness!

Hunting the way I want is a choice and it's a choice that I cherish! I respect other's choices too.

Ok, Now I'm done.
Zeke

we all love muleys, we spend time on 'monstermuleys' so mature trophy mule deer are the general main interest. the first young buck or doe is a trophy to a kid, a small three or four point is a trophy in an over hunted unit, so the word trophy means something different to many people. "in my opinion"
*pull the trigger if its something your proud to take.
*the fish and game will sell as many tags as they can, its our job as hunters to do what we can to manage our deer herds.
*little bucks grow into big bucks, if you need the meat, get a doe tag.

Hilltop.....you are an idiot. I was going to let you rant until you brought out the part about older bucks TEACHING younger bucks......What are you......like 9 years old?
And just for the sake of argument, you are using your own personal standards as to what constitutes a mature buck. Forked horn bucks are generally mature enough to breed.
Hunt what pleases you and allow others to do the same.

Nickman,

I only brought up the forky example and how they learn to be elusive and smart when they are running with bigger mature bucks because some other poster had said that forky bucks are as smart and can be just an hard to kill as a mature trophy deer (which is total and complete BS).

The whole point "Nikki Boy" is that I have seen some smart forky bucks but they have always been with a bachelor herd that had some old mature bucks running the group and usually at 8500ft + elevation. Even those smarter forky's are more stupid than any of the mature bucks because those big bucks push the forkys over saddles and ridges in front of them. They pretty much use them as decoys. You would know what I'm talking about if you have ever seen a trophy buck rear up and stomp on a forky then gouge him with his horns to force him over a saddle or ridge while he waits 100 yds below for the forky to mill around and give the OK.

So back to the actual point if you would have read and understood the posts. Forky's are stupid, some more stupid than others, and for the most part they are easy to kill. If you want to argue with that you are the "idiot"

You say forky's are old enough to breed, I agree, but so are some 12 year old junior high kids but we don't consider them mature do we?? These aren't my own personal standards. Go ask a DWR person what they consider a mature mule deer. I doubt any of their first response will be "a forky or bigger".

I'll admit, my personal deer standards are probably different than most peoples but you have to admit that if hunters would start letting the forky bucks grow up they would be much happier harvesting a mature deer.

Its funny how you meat hunters will jump all over the wolf lovers, mustang lovers, etc, etc, etc, but when another hunter calls you out or has a differnt opinion you "just can't handle the truth".

I'm going to agree with hilltop, I don't really care to kill a deer unless its a trophy animal or a depredation buck, I killed plenty when I was younger also. Ill help a young hunter out getting his or her first buck but I also teach them ethics and about why our deer herds are ##### and how they can help. If you want meat, drive to a cattle farmers house, pay him and go shoot a cow. You can drive right to it and don't have to worry about quartering and packing out your spike that's 3 miles in and save money all around. Just my 2

"THERES MORE TO LIFE THAN HUNTING,
BUT HOW FUN WOULD THAT BE"

In my opinion I agree with hilltophunter, lostinOregon, and myland on this one.

I will go years without filling my tag even at the high cost of being a dedicated hunter in the state of Utah because I believe if all my fellow hunters did the same, there would not have to be a stupid argument over shooting fork horns or trophies. Big, mature, trophy deer woould be plentiful for our kids, elderly, and handicap to kill much more often. I think a meat hunt is for cows, does, spikes, etc. since all B.S. aside are generally much better on the dinner plate.

Having an uncle in a wheelchair is what enrages me to hear people so selfish to say, "I have a tag, I'm going to fill it". By being on this website, I know you dream of killing a monster muley some day. If everyone did their part for a few years and quit getting trigger happy at the first sighting of a yearling buck, you could kill trophy bucks from the road all the time. That will never happen though, so I guess I'll just keep dreaming Do you know how many hunts my uncle has had screwed up by perfectly capable roadhunters just hoping to kill a little one or two year old buck the lazy way?

And don't give me the "well what's a trophy?" response. After all, we are on a website named MonsterMuleys. I think everyone on this site should have a pretty good idea what a trophy mule deer is, especially all of you with thousands of posts claiming to be just "meat hunters". If you spend that much time on this website I think deep down you are truly a trophy hunter with the same passion for monster mule deer as myself.

I have a couple questions to iron out:

1.What caliber of buck do "meat hunters" look for to kill after 10 years or so of putting in for a limited entry hunt, or do they not put in in the first place?

2.NICKMAN- You're mighty lippy. Have you spent much time watching bachelor herds of bucks? Not bachelor herds of 1-3 year old bucks, but rather groups of bucks ranging from 1-8 years old. Maybe you have, but listening to your childish comments I'm guessing not.

Look out nick, the experts are coming out of the wood work. They know all about age structure and stuff. mtmuley

Deer every year? No, I rarely draw first choice deer and rarely see a coues I want to shoot.

Elk every year? No, draw maybe every 6 years.

>I have a couple questions to
>iron out:
>
>1.What caliber of buck do "meat
>hunters" look for to kill
>after 10 years or so
>of putting in for a
>limited entry hunt, or do
>they not put in in
>the first place?
>
Are you serious or is this a sarcastic question? If you are serious then there is no way to answer this question cause every ones definition of a trophy is different after putting in for a Limited trophy unit. Put me on the Henry's and I won't be shooting a typical under 200". Take another guy and his may be 220" and another might be 180 or even possibly smaller depending on hunters age, experience in hunting mule deer, previously harvested buck sizes and number, where they are from etc.... SO many variables it is IMPOSSIBLE to say.

Mntman

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

I think it depends a great deal on where you hunt. I've killed over 100 deer some good bucks by my standards some does. Yes I shoot does in fact until the recent EHD outbreak if you purchased a license you got a bonus doe license. We had too many deer for ranchers to allow. Until last winter and the outbreak of EHD depradation tags were issued to many ranchers. I do hunt for the biggest buck in the area I hunt, I may take a kid to kill it later in the season and end up shooting a doe or taking out a buck that has bad genetics. To each their own as long as its legal.

Every hunter has a choice how they may or may not want to hunt. That is the beauty of hunting. As long as we all still have that choice, our sport is strong. For me personally I would much rather shoot a doe than a forky, or young buck. Our deer herds are already struggling doe to extremely unbalanced buck to doe ratios. More does is not the magical cure all some think it is.

"'I hunt for the meat and if the horns are big thats just a bonus'. A lot of times thats just B.S."

Sometimes that may be true, but many times it may not be either. I expect most of us are fine with others having different values and priorities. Usually its the perception of a sense of superiority in others that riles... Hard to judge tone, sarcasm, and some humor in a written post. I expect that a casual conversation around the campfire by the same posters might look a bit different then here.

Mntman

I'm not being sarcastic at all in my question. I would like to hear from the people on this forum that say they just "hunt to fill the freezer", what caliber of buck they're after on a hunt that takes years to draw.

For example: My dad and uncle (which I mentioned earlier is in a chair) had Vernon rifle tags about three years ago and unfortunately I was not with them. I was in disbelief when they told me at first light, opening morning, guys were shooting year old bucks. My uncle being disabled never even thought of pulling the trigger on a tiny buck. No, I'm not being sarcastic.

Just imagine how great hunting would still be for elderly, disabled, and first time hunters in the easier accessible/right off the road areas if all the people capable of doing a little hiking to kill something actually did it. I don't think any of these guys that are so proud to just "roadhunt" think about any of that. Yes I know, someone out there smokes a monster every year roadhunting, but it's lottery odds. I guess they truly do not care about ever killing a trophy buck. Once again, I'm not being sarcastic (was that sarcastic?).

MMWB,

You just proved my point. I'm hunting general season deer units in Utah at 8500ft + in elevation. "There is no camp fire to have a conversation around" unless you want to blow every trophy Buck into a new zip code.

I don't expect everyone to be as extreme as me and my hunting buddies but killing trophy deer on general units in utah comes with sacrifices. No trailer, fire, 7 coarse meals, queen bed, quad, etc etc etc. Just hard ground, freeze dried food, small tent, and loads of bucks within pissing distance from camp. I go camping to camp, talk, laugh, relax, etc. I go hunting to hunt not camp.

I guess I'm just trying to get the point across that there are all types of hunters with different view points and hunting expectations, but to kill big bucks consistently takes grit, dedication, sweat, and finding the big bucks that you are hunting and letting all the other forkys and average bucks live each day because its the challenge of all challenges to kill a trophy Buck on his turf in a general unit.

Some guys I guess just don't accept the challenge, but remember "what one man can do, another can do" so no more meat Buck forky excuses PLEASE.

My post was mostly tongue in cheek. I do disagree however that if you have been issued a tag that means that it was based on science and the F&W know that is sustainable. Often times tags are issued to meet budget needs.

I think it is our jobs as hunters to make sure that we hold fish and game accountable to manage the herds so they are genetically stable with a diverse age population. I see passing young bucks up as my contribution to a healthy herd.

I agree that the trophy is in the eye of the beholder. But after hunting deer for many years I am hoping that a forky is not a challenge and you could have some satisfaction with the experience without pulling the trigger.

Rich

>Mntman
>
>I'm not being sarcastic at all
>in my question. I would
>like to hear from the
>people on this forum that
>say they just "hunt to
>fill the freezer", what caliber
>of buck they're after on
>a hunt that takes years
>to draw.
>
>For example: My dad and uncle
>(which I mentioned earlier is
>in a chair) had Vernon
>rifle tags about three years
>ago and unfortunately I was
>not with them. I was
>in disbelief when they told
>me at first light, opening
>morning, guys were shooting year
>old bucks. My uncle being
>disabled never even thought of
>pulling the trigger on a
>tiny buck. No, I'm not
>being sarcastic.
>
>Just imagine how great hunting would
>still be for elderly, disabled,
>and first time hunters in
>the easier accessible/right off the
>road areas if all the
>people capable of doing a
>little hiking to kill something
>actually did it. I don't
>think any of these guys
>that are so proud to
>just "roadhunt" think about any
>of that. Yes I know,
>someone out there smokes a
>monster every year roadhunting, but
>it's lottery odds. I guess
>they truly do not care
>about ever killing a trophy
>buck. Once again, I'm not
>being sarcastic (was that sarcastic?).
>

Exactly, thanks for making my point. Maybe those guys never had a mule deer tag before in their life or never killed one and the first one they seen was a trophy to them. When I go after a species for the first time, the first one that is legal is down. Don't care if its 3 minutes into the hunt. I would rather fill my tag than pass up 5, 10 15 animals to wait for a B&C animal if it is my first time hunting them.

When I draw my sheep tag here in CO (if I do) you bet your bottom dollar I am shooting the first legal ram I see. Guess what it will be a trophy to me and I will likely never get another chance at a bighorn... Even if it is a little ol' 3 year old half curl...
Now if I was on my 6th sheep tag, in a great unit with 3 or 4 sheep under my belt, heck yes I will be waiting for a 180" ram... See, every situation is different.... You, me nor anyone else can clearly define a trophy, IMPOSSIBLE.
Mntman

OldTimer12 drops in out of the blue, makes the same post in the general forum and the Idaho forum and disappears with his 2 post history.

Who's that living under the bridge?

>OldTimer12 drops in out of the
>blue, makes the same post
>in the general forum and
>the Idaho forum and disappears
>with his 2 post history.
>
>
>Who's that living under the bridge?
>

I'm reading what everyone posted. This is a deal breaker for me. I like seeing deer and elk. I go scouting every year even if I don't have a tag. When the hunt gets closer I see a few people getting out, but when hunting season comes it is a circus. Most people do not hunt, they just kill and leave. The reason I posted this was to find out if the meat hunters could go without for a year. I guess not. Meat goes in one end and out the other; antlers can hang on the wall for generations.

Isn't freedom a wonderful thing!
This has been an interesting thread to read and one in which to participate even though egos and condescension abound.
Zeke

TROLLWIRE

LAST EDITED ON Jun-20-13 AT 11:15AM (MST)[p]^Its a bit lopsided of a discussion Zeke, considering that Oldtimer, Jray, and the mighty Hilltop Hunter are all the same silly dude.

**edit---hell, didn't mean to fergit Utarcher...go get um buddy(s)! :)

This has been a free Trollwire Services communication, Thank you

RE: TROLLWIRE

Now, if we could just figure out on which hill hilltophunter is hunting........ we could all hunt the same animals... like he/they wants.
These ego-driven do-gooders should be happy that the masses stay in the valley and chase the little bucks. It means less competition for them! Someday these boys will figure it out.

Always good to hear from you GW. YOU'RE the biggest trophy/selective hunter around here and you rate pretty high in my book (ya damn kid! haha). That photo of that last NM pig still floors me.
Zeke

Don't forget about me. I'm not one for telling my grandson how big of turd I had to pinch off from having to eat so much meat. IF I had to kill a deer or an elk every year. I want to give them the antlers that hang from my wall and the unforgettable experience that came with each and every one.

That makes an awesome signature! I think I'll keep it.

I'm not one for telling my grandson how big of turd I had to pinch off from having to eat so much meat. IF I had to kill a deer or an elk every year. I want to give them the antlers that hang from my wall and the unforgettable experience that came with each and every one.

Do it!
It shows your kids how classy you are!
Remember, you want to leave a legacy!
Zeke

Heh, well Z I guess I do kinda like big horns ...but I don't tell other people what to shoot...eh, unless they want me to ;)

Glad ya like the pork chop! Actually just finishing up article, so should be up in a day or two. Will have much better pics than the email, I couldn't get that damn thing to work proper...pretty much a tard out

Anyway, been fun! :)

Cheers

I guess the difference between you and I Mntman, is that unlike you, I'm not about just killing something to kill it. Not saying that's right or wrong, it is just my personal preference to take on the challenge of hunting until the very last day if I have to, to kill the best trophy possible regardless of whether or not it is a general tag or a once in a lifetime hunt. If on the last day of a bighorn hunt I did not find a "trophy" caliber ram, I would eat my tag proudly knowing I gave it 100 percent.

>LAST EDITED ON Jun-20-13
>AT 11:15?AM (MST)

>
>^Its a bit lopsided of a
>discussion Zeke, considering that Oldtimer,
>Jray, and the mighty Hilltop
>Hunter are all the same
>silly dude.
>
>**edit---hell, didn't mean to fergit Utarcher...go
>get um buddy(s)! :)
>
>This has been a free Trollwire
>Services communication, Thank

This is funny, now were the same person and were silly? You say we are silly because we care about our deer herds, and we are some of the only few that are willing to work for an animal and a trophy. You RETAR DS can just continue to shoot spikes off the road and contribute to the reason why this states herds are diminishing. Why not have a full freezer and a big beautiful buck on the wall to
Be proud of? Take a little pride in yourself. And for you ZEKE, I know you personally and I know you wouldn't say half of this if we were face to face. I've lost all respect for you. Your one of those dweebs that think there tough online

"THERES MORE TO LIFE THAN HUNTING,
BUT HOW FUN WOULD THAT BE"

greatwestern,

I can assure you that OT, Jray, utarcher and myself are not the same person. I guess you long time MM bloggers with 7,000 posts that know everying about hunting probably think we are because a few of us agree on the subject and combined have less than 100 posts on MM (makes us all novice hunters I guess). Although I would bet the 4 of us have bigger deer on our walls. I am making an assmption here, but based on our viewpoint its safe to say that each season it is big horns or bust for each of us. You and your fellow wolf pack are probably the types that hunt 3 days (with no prior scouting) and then kill a forky from the road so you don't eat tag soup, then complain that there are only forky bucks in Utah.

I can understand why the average guy out there that owns one rifle, minimal gear, isn't really into hunting, and goes on the once a year hunt for 2 or 3 days for deer may shoot the first small buck he sees. This is totally understandable. Its like making the annual trip to vegas for a weekend. You blow some money then come home and don't think about going back for 12 months.

On the other hand, you compulsive MM bloggers with 7,000 posts who obviously love hunting which is probably your biggest hobby have no excuse for shooting tiny little forkys every year to avoid tag soup. You track the draws, comment on bucks killed by other people, talk hunting, ethics, wolves, etc etc etc, all year long on these sites. Its this type of passionate hunter that is more informed than the average Joe who only thinks about hunting for 3 days a year that should stop and think for a minute about shooting immature bucks every year. You of all people with the superior ethics you portray on your posts should recognize this.

I forgot that making thousand of MM forum postings makes people hunting experts but all you guys on this subject have helped me to remember this fact. You excessive posters are like a wolf pack that attack anyone new on this site that has a different opinion than you. I've had a U/N for about 1 year and have posted around 20 times. I guess I better get with the program and start posting more so that I can one day be a part of the expert wolf pack.

Nevermind, I think I'll pass on that idea. it might lead my ethics astray and the next thing you know I'll be shooting forky meat bucks too!!

A meal where I come from is very often a sacred thing between family members. Often a set of horns only supplies memories for a single or a couple of people. A sit down dinner is a gathering that is remembered amongst many for years.

Tristate,

My family sits down for dinner every night. It isn't the type of food we are eating that is remembered, it is the conversation and the fact that we are spending time together.

You had think pretty hard to come up with that post to justify the meat buck argument.

hilltop, if you think you are the only badass trophy only hunter on this site, you are sadly mistaken. You are, however, the one trying to portray yourself as a badass, trophy only hunter to all of us here. There are guys here that make you look like a beginner. Just because guys frequent this site a lot doesn't mean they are all out for the numbers on a critters head. Some guys just like to hunt, and learn. There are a lot of knowledgeable hunters here. Shut your mouth and you might learn something. If you don't want to learn, or know it all already, go troll somewhere else. mtmuley

I realize there are plenty of great hunters that frequent this site. My posts have been in response and directed to the proclaimed meat hunters with an oppinion that shooting forkys every year hurts the overall size of the bucks in utah which negates our chances each year to harvest mature animals.

This is a different opinion than your wolfpack counterparts, but in no way is anything I have written been anything even remotely close to being a troll. It is just a different viewpoint which I have the right to express.

Why do people use the troll word to try and intimidate other people on forums from posting an opininon that is different from their own???????

Not tryin to intimidate ya buddy (not sure what you're preferred name is right now?), but yes I do think you're silly (yes ALL of you)...it has nothing to do with deer

But I will say I do find a bit of mild entertainment in you're apparently unwitting indulgence in the use of shameless irony :)

Keep on truckin dude(s)!

Who's the "wolfpack"? I didn't offer an opinion. If it is Utah that concerns you, perhaps the Utah forum would be better suited to your concerns. mtmuley

>A meal where I come from
>is very often a sacred
>thing between family members.
>Often a set of horns
>only supplies memories for a
>single or a couple of
>people. A sit down
>dinner is a gathering that
>is remembered amongst many for
>years.

That is the best thing I ever seen you say on here! :)

Mntman

And
>for you ZEKE, I know
>you personally and I know
>you wouldn't say half of
>this if we were face
>to face. I've lost all
>respect for you. Your one
>of those dweebs that think
>there tough online
>
>"THERES MORE TO LIFE THAN HUNTING,
>
>BUT HOW FUN WOULD THAT BE"
>

I may have missed Zeke's post (don't think so though), I didn't see one where he was being rude, offensive etc... Seems like he actually stated his opinion and said everyone has a right to theirs and should hunt as they please....

Mntman

I'm always open to some education mtmuley. Judging by your over 3000 posts on here, you've had to have acquired an enormous abundance of education. What are a few of the best things you have ever learned by reading and taking place in so many chats on monstermuleys?

What's funny to me is that hilltop says he has seen older bucks push young bucks over high country saddles/ridges, before they make their way over. To me that is something educational, but all the typical MonsterMuley's I know everything dickheads can do is shoot him down calling him an idiot and a liar. I guess I'm an idiot as well since I've seen it with my own two eyes as well. From my perspective of being a "horn hunter", I haven't read any of hilltops comments thinking he is trying to brag or be a "bad ass" as you say he is.

Guys like you on this website are the reason I have never shared a story or picture of anything myself, a family member or a close friend have ever harvested. Also the reason I rarely comment on any posts. There are a ton of people that feel the same. I would not call myself a monstermuleys addict, but I browse around on the site on average once a week and over the last ten years (or however long ago I started frequenting the page),I cannot believe how it has become. Maybe it was bad ten years ago and because I was a teenager I did not notice! Don't say there are not "wolfpacks" on here that sit around all day waiting for the opposition to say something different than what they like. I've seen it over and over. Just a bunch of damn hypocrites.

I will guaruntee you the majority of the "trophy only hunters" never post or comment on here. Basically, now if a pic of an awesome buck does not load in the first two seconds, I'm gone, because it's always the same old crap. Pretty sad. Keep educating buddy.

A child's portion of intellect could go a long way around here.......LOL!

jray, might be perception, but when you portray yourself as a step above anyone that might kill non-trophy animals, what do you expect? And what is all your BS about post numbers. I"ve been a member here for over 10 years. So what? I don't know everything, except that guys like you and hilltop come and go after your self-seving crap is figured out. See ya, don't think you'll be missed. mtmuley

"My family sits down for dinner every night. It isn't the type of food we are eating that is remembered, it is the conversation and the fact that we are spending time together."

Sounds like pretty slim vittles at Casa del Hilltop.

I AGREE WITH NICKMAN.....THESE ARE A COUPLE OF YOUNG PUNKS WITH NOTHING BUT TIME ON THEIR HANDS. HIT THE ROAD.....THIS FORUM MIGHT NOT BE FOR YOU !!!!!....................YD.

I'm picky on Mule Deer..always try to kill a good one...It doesn't matter with Elk..that's our yearly beef...might be picky with Elk this year since I legally killed 3 Elk last year....2 Cows and a 5 point Bull.

Only big ones...No, not every year.

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

mtmuley. This is getting mighty old for me by now. I don't know how guys like you and nickman can do this day in and day out. So I'll be the man here and let you guys keep living in your little wet dream of being self made monstermuleys sherriffs.

Just do me one favor and tell me where I once portrayed myself as being better than anybody on this bullshit forum? If you actually knew me you might know that I'm pretty humble. I have big bucks on my wall (I wont go into score because I would hate for you to think I'm putting somebody down or trying to be a bad ass bragging, or wait, I would just be lying I'm sure) that I don't go around flashing pictures of or even talking about except to close friends. I simply expressed my opinion for a change in the hunting of muleys that I feel would benefit both sides of the argument.

Thanks for doing your duty and serving us Officer Negative. You my friend, are a bad ass in my book.

I for one would like to see all the big bucks on your walls. A picture doesnt tell where or how a deer was shot if your worried about people knowing that info. Without a picture your just spouting a bunch of crap. Who knows maybe you shoot small deer also. Add some value to this site and post em up.

I'd like to see a pic also. This site is for viewing successful hunts and talking about huntin. A hard earned trophy buck is what we all are after. Each buck earned is cause to celebrate. No beef, pork, or chicken satisfies like Venison. Post up some pics please. Let's make this thread better.

Its always the forkhorn killers, hiding behind the"i need the meat" excuse, that always go on the attack when someone posts about letting bucks grow up? Its the same thing every time! this is a site people go to to see good bucks, not the best place to try and justify killin em before they have a chance to get big!

>Its always the forkhorn killers, hiding
>behind the"i need the meat"
>excuse, that always go on
>the attack when someone posts
>about letting bucks grow up?
>Its the same thing every
>time! this is a
>site people go to to
>see good bucks, not the
>best place to try and
>justify killin em before they
>have a chance to get
>big!

Actually, it's the other way around and this thread and your post are typical! The first 21 posts simply respond to the original question, but when we get to post 22, the writer, hilltophunter, an self-proclaimed adament "horn hunter", starts out by accusing the majority of writers of being dishonest/liers when we say we're content to hunt for meat. He then implies that we're cowards ("afraid to admit it"), stupid, ("This hasn't been the case for me since I learned how to hunt."), foolish ("You have plenty of cash to spend on gear, gas,....") and lazy ("Get off your butts...."). Who's attacking who? Seldom do the "forky killers" get upset at trophy hunters for killing big deer. In fact, we encourage it because it thins out the competition, but post 22 and your post (and others) are nothing more than attacks on "forky killers" and we're simply defending our position, which apparently angers you even more.

What's ironic and sinister about post 22 is that he wants us to let the "babies" grow up so we can hike in to camp, scout and hunt at 9,000 feet as he is doing now in order to kill a monster. That's just what we don't want to do!

If we're being honest here, you don't really care whether or not we kill a big trophy. You just don't want us to kill a deer that could be YOUR trophy. And you want to make it easier for YOU to get that big antlered one more often.

Bottom line, We're happy to let you hunt your way. Let us hunt ours!

Two methed out hookers fighting over one drunk high roller don't hold a candle to this cat fight.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

>Two methed out hookers fighting over
>one drunk high roller don't
>hold a candle to this
>cat fight.
>
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

The difference being that the final outcome of the other cat fight doesn't effect the rest of the hookers in the state! :)

Here is the win/win answer! We donate the meat from our good bucks to the meat hunters! Everybody wins...

>Here is the win/win answer!
>We donate the meat from
>our good bucks to the
>meat hunters! Everybody wins...
>

Excellent solution! My share will make 2 of the greatest hamburgers I'll have all year!

>LAST EDITED ON Jun-17-13
>AT 08:44?AM (MST)

>
>Do you harvest a deer every
>year? Why or Why not?
>
>What about an elk?

I've gone a cpl years where I didn't kill a deer and have gone years where I've shot 30-40.

>Teach a man to fish, or
>give a man a fish????
>
>
>Sometimes the simplest lessons are forgotten
>, Myland.

Just give him the fish, otherwise he'll catch them all. Resources are limited and can take generations to replinish.

I'm not one for telling my grandson how big of turd I had to pinch off from having to eat so much meat. I want to give them the antlers that hang from my wall and tell him the unforgettable experience that came with each and every one.

"Just give him the fish, otherwise he'll catch them all. Resources are limited and can take generations to replinish."

Then what are you doing hunting? You think when someone else kills a deer they are whipping them out. But if you do it its OK because you know what is right???????? If the deer are being whipped out take that up with your state agency who is mismanaging the herds. Quit attacking someone with a deer tag that is obeying the laws.

>"Just give him the fish, otherwise
>he'll catch them all. Resources
>are limited and can take
>generations to replinish."
>
>
>Then what are you doing hunting?
> You think when someone
>else kills a deer they
>are whipping them out.
>But if you do it
>its OK because you know
>what is right???????? If
>the deer are being whipped
>out take that up with
>your state agency who is
>mismanaging the herds. Quit
>attacking someone with a deer
>tag that is obeying the
>laws.

Whipping? Whip it good, you must whip it!

Not attacking, just stating a fact. Some people just don't have any self control. I don't believe that it is mismanaging the deer and elk herds, but mismanaging the people herds.

I'm not one for telling my grandson how big of turd I had to pinch off from having to eat so much meat. I want to give them the antlers that hang from my wall and tell him the unforgettable experience that came with each and every one.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom