Heading to 2B

Eastwood

I'll be making the trip this weekend to get set up for the muzzle loader season. I hope it's not too muddy to get where I want to camp. Has anyone been up that way yet? I'm wondering if the bow hunters had any success. I'll post up a report when I get back.

Best of luck , enjoy it ....Lookin forward to hear how ya do...IMO, south of 64 down by Gas Buggy....Not as many resident deer but their lives the toads...

Oh I will, if nothiing else it'll be a nice 10 day vacation from work. I have hunted the early season in the south before and I hunted second rifle north of 64. We intend to camp north of 64, but we will travel all around the unit daily. I see the area may be getting lots of rain and I know that mud up there turns to grease when wet.

The roads are dry have not got any rain in the last couple weeks. They say we might get some on Sunday or Monday but who knows.

i hunted the bow hunt south of 64 not many deer at all i saw in over 10 days of hunting 2 does and 1 buck running away from me so fast it wasnt funny there were a zillion people in there too that area used to be a great area but the deer have decreased on the south of 64 i seriously think its from the lions there are a bunch in there by gas buggy

Will do 505. Up here now and so far it doesn't look good. Not seeing many deer or deer sign. We have seen seven deer in two days. We have been all the way to Caracas and over to lake as well. I'll keep y'all posted.

I wonder if it's still too hot for them. Or they are just scattered out and about. I would have thought Caracas would have been good. Huh. Guess we will see. Keep us updated.

Headed up there for my friends first elk hunt, he drew the muzzleloader bull tag. Interested to see if you guys came across any elk or elk sign. Any info you would be willing to share would be much appreciated.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom