HEAT AND BOWS

jeremydhinds

I was just wondering what you guys think about the summer heat and the effect on a bow....I shoot everyday at work but leave my bow in the truck during the day..is this bad for it? oh, I live in Vegas:)

It's a great idea when you're trying to tell your spouse you need another bow. :)

BOHNTR )))---------->

I almost feel for the BS. I do the same thing but I live in the Bay Area. Not quite Vegas but it sure has been hot lately.

JR

Guys....I live in Northern (The Real) Kalifornia, like Redding where its 105-110 for weeks. Inside the truck/car its gotta be 140+. That can't be good for the limbs, strings, etc. The wax & treatments for strings will melt and dry faster. Any lubes inside the bearings will have their properties compromised. Eventhough the limbs are high tech, it can't help them.

I really try to avoid leaving my bow in the truck during the summer time.

I miss bouncing Betty!

LAST EDITED ON Jun-18-07 AT 05:32PM (MST)[p]That kind of heat is bad for the bow. I live in AZ and had a bud think the heat wouldn't effect his bow well here's the scoop, His brand new WC strings and cables stretched 1" and more and had to be replaced and his plastic pins on his sight warped. Then he continued to leave the bow in the vehicle and the second set of strings and cables stretched and he was out of tune again. Then his less than 6 month old bow had delaminations in the limbs and they broke in a league and the manufacturer almost didn't replace the limbs becase they said they were abused! It's your bow and only you can decide. I'd opt for a cooler place! If you have covered parking you may be ok.

Thanks for the replies.....I immediately stopped leaving it in the truck! Hopefully it wasn't too late...I haven't noticed any damage yet...(fingers crossed)!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom