Help I need a ML :)

Flores425

i draw unit36 Muzzleloader tag NM bull tag so I need a good muzzleloader for this season. Any ideas where to start looking? Or maybe someone here knows of a good deal on a muzzleloader?I would like a thumbhole stock but for the right price I will take anything. Thanks George

LAST EDITED ON Jun-21-08 AT 05:18PM (MST)[p] Another vote for Knights, check out the 52 cal., thumbhole
composites, good prices and selection on "Buds guns"
Mike

I vote for Gunbrokers !

I bought a Thompson Center Omega ,NEW , for $165.00 on there auction. Great Price!

A .52 knight would be a really dumb way to go. You can only shoot one type of projectile.

52 cal. probably is not for everyone,..but if you like power...1765ft.pds. at 200 yards, 100 zero, -10.97" at 200 yards 375 gr. barns redhot.with other weights availible.I tend to lean to having plenty of power.
Mike

And if he were to hunt a conical only state, what conical could you recommend?

.52 was the dumbest thing to ever come out IMO. Its to out of wack.

>And if he were to hunt
>a conical only state, what
>conical could you recommend?
>
>.52 was the dumbest thing to
>ever come out IMO.
>Its to out of wack.
>

The hydra con, 530gr. legal in colorado,ore.,washington..
Mike

.56cal is a great round ball rifle. If i were to buy an inline and wanted a bore bigger than .50 it would easily be a .54 as there are a really good assortment of projectiles out there for it.

TC omega .50 looks great so far. What about this gun call Win. Apex or something like that? A fried said there is a new one in a local gun shop for like $180.

Apex is an excellent conical/sabot shooter. I have a .45 apex and then an X-150 Winchester and both were excellent quality, the stocks are excellent. Did i mention that both shot excellent haha! $180 is a deal. Especially if its the ss/camo. If not, its still a good deal. Better than the Omega as it is mainly set up for one type of projectile, that being a sabot. Another failure is the syntheic stocks that tc uses. Very cheap and flimsy.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-22-08 AT 04:48PM (MST)[p]Only problem with the APEX is the cheek piece on the stock is made for right hand shooters only,that is O K if you are right handed,no good for a lefty.
I also see that Sportsman Guide has CVA Kodiak Pro series on sale for $139. To me they are the same thing as the APEX.I prefer the Omega to CVA but that is my personal choice.Mine shoots Powerbelts with respectable accuracy.Just as good as sabots.

Kodiak has the hollow stock. The Apex is a bit heavier but the stocks on them are superb. Almost all of the new CVA's now are using the solid stocks due to them holding up a lot better and less flex.

I have both a TC omega.50 cal and Win apex .45cal, After hauling them around all day and shooting both, I only hunt with the TC, much lighter, quality stock and barrel. I have almost exclusively used Sabots out of it but have shot some powerbelts, I prefer sabots myself though. It depends on what your state's restrictions are though, some do not allow Sabots. If it were me I would go TC or Knight

How does $100 after $35MIR for a brand new one sound?

[a href="http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat21404-cat21420-cat370001_TGP&id=0040407216196a&navCount=2&podId=0040407&parentId=cat370001&masterpathid=&navAction=push&catalogCode=8IS&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat370001&hasJS=true" target="_blank"]El Cheapo Linko[/a]

>Seen it already BACKORDER TIL
>AUG 29. Crap:(

Called down to Buda,TX
And they made me a great deal on one.Will be here in a couple of days.

flores, glad you got one.[br]
it was such a good deal that i ordered my dad one on monday and it showed up on thursday.

I got one comming,used some of my Cabela's points ,made it a double great deal. It did not cost a thing ! Plus I get 35 bucks back!

Darn ! backordered for about three weeks and did not know about the 35 dollar rebate. I canceled my order.With out the rebate ,it is no bargain.

>Darn ! backordered for about three
>weeks and did not know
>about the 35 dollar rebate.
>I canceled my order.With out
>the rebate ,it is no
>bargain.

Heck of a deal IMO. If I were you I would call the nearest store and place an order. They can ship right to your door. I live in Roswell NM and I give them a call in Buda,TX. They helped me out with great service. Ordered mounts and shooting stix cuz wanted to use coupon for $20off.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom