Help with plan B in Jarbidge area

blazingsaddle

I am in need of help in the Jarbidge Wilderness area for my early rifle hunt.

I have made the 6 hour drive twice now and packed in many miles looking for deer. The areas I have spent time in are amazingly beautiful, and jam packed with elk. But it has been very tough to dig up deer in general. It has been my experience that where there are this many elk, the deer tend to be sparse.
This leads me to my problem, I don't have a plan "B" I am now questioning my original plans. I have spoke with the Biologist for the area, and she gave some good pointers, but I still feel lost on where to go?
I hope to make one more scouting trip before the season starts but I'm not sure where to look? I am planning on packing in on foot for the first 9 days of the hunt and hoping that will be enough time to see a few mature bucks?
I hate to ask, but can anyone offer any help? Has any one had experience backpacking in this area as far as deer goes?

Also, I would like to thank all of those who have helped me thus far. I greatly appreciate everything.
By the way, If anyone is looking to find a lot of elk in this area, let me know.

I was in twice and saw bucks and bulls! I found a nice little top that I can do a 360 deg view with a few minutes and can glass sun raise to sun set and a little area to camp out of the wind and its only 8 miles in and 2 mile off the trail! Am taking in some water,trail cams and other stuff in a 3 weeks!
what trail head? 76 Cr?...Mary's river or more north?
I will be in 4 day before early rifle and be all over in and out am going 180 plus or going to eat the tag!
8308p6190029.jpg

7667p6190025.jpg

8084p6190031.jpg

1721p6190038.jpg

most all of the mountains are pretty vertical..
and the bucks I saw were late evening mostly(slept in twice because I was so sore from the hike in) ...and I have been exercising for months..
were you from?

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom