HOOK RELEASE VS TRADITIONAL RELEASE

YukonDall

Long Time Member
I TRIED THE HOOK RELEASE, & KIND OF LIKED IT VS. THE CLAMP TYPE. DO YOU FELLAS THINK THIS IS A GOOD MOVE FOR NEWBIE BOW GUY????? THANKS FOR YOUR OPINIONS.............YD.

Absolutely YD, I've been shooting a Jim Fletcher Fletch Hook for several years and think its far and away the best release available...quick and positive hook up, super smooth release, nicely adjustable trigger, and mechanically bombproof.

Good Luck and Have Fun!

Fletchook for me too. Simple and foolproof. Breaks clean and crisp. I like how I can hook it up on the loop without looking.

Hey YD, when I first saw the title I thought that maybe you were talking downriggers and this should have been in the trout forum. Sounds like you went and did it.

I prefer the hook style for my style of hunting. It is simple, easy to hook and unhook, and I get long life out of my d-loop.

I use a TRU-ball short-n-sweet with a leather wrist strap. Comfort,confidence, simplicity, and familiarity are important. When I get a buck in bow range and adrenaline kicks in it feels like that buck is staring right at me and I start to break out in a sweat, mouth goes dry, get tunnel vision, heart is pounding in my ears and start to shake...thats when I need all the help I can get. I don't have to look down or even think about it. My release is hanging right there from my wrist strap. Just grab the loop with the hook and draw, take a couple of deep breaths, settle the pin on the boiler room and let her fly.

THANKS GUYS......IT SEEMED LIKE A NO BRAINER TO ME ALSO, BUT I HAVE HAD A COUPLE OF CURVE BALLS THROWN AT ME IN THIS WHOLE BOW PROCESS. CRISP IS THE WORD HERE, ALSO EASY TO FIND THE LOOP IF I GET EXCITED. ALWAYS GOOD TO BOUNCE IT OFF GUYS WHO HAVE BEEN THERE. THANKS AGAIN.

HEY DINGO......ALMOST HAVE ALL THE COMPONETS TOGATHER, ONE MORE WEEK & I WILL HAVE IT.....................YD.

Got a hook style which is a wise guy by spot hogg and best release made IMO. Love mine!

I say its a great move.. I've used the clamp for years and bought a new bow this year and tried out the hook.. i love it, seems to feel a lot more natural for me...

Another vote for the "Hook"!

I went with the Tru-Fire Hardcore Foldback and like it for all the previously mentioned reasons.

Good luck YD!

Ed

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom