How did people do in the southern draw / general units?

Gaggles of people, pumpkins on every ridge and drainage. Unbelievable low buck numbers, higher than average people numbers. SE got hit hard. Biggest buck I know of was a heavey 3X4 with 1 inch eye guards. F&G are very concerned with the lack of deer going through the check station and lack of mature deer. Normally towards the middle of the season people numbers tapper off... not this year. Just as many people a week later as there were on opening day. SE Idaho is a disaster. Anyone that has hunted it this year will say the same thing.

Yeah I was there and heard pretty much the same thing from everyone more people than deer, and yes way to many pumpkins everywhere. Who knows whats up? I have heard even unit 70 the good draw unit has not been that good. All I know is in my honey hole there was a bazillian people and lots o floppy ear's. Somethings got to change. Idaho's government needs to care more about its wildlife before it is really all gone.

I hunted the units and did pretty decent i shot an old buck on opening morning, he was not the deer I was hoping for but at 500 yards I had to shot him to get a better look. I hunted my ass off and spent tons of time pre-season scouting. That being said I also worked at the check station on sunday and saw a few decent bucks come through. The biggest buck was a 29.5 inch buck with two cheaters that came out of 74. The hunting was not great you just had to work more for it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom