How to find sheds?

SHEDYGAGA

For those of you whom remember the end of last years shed season, a fellow called SHEDHAWK made an entrance.
It was short lived.
But for the fans....... Hes baaaaaaack!
In the form of SHEDYGAGA of course.

Now, I have noticed several folks asking the question "where do you guys find all these sheds?"

Well, today is these individuals lucky day! I am going to educate you.

First thing you need to do.
Locate this truck.
6498picture_041-1.jpg

Follow this truck until you get near a reputable "Gentlemen's club"

Now, verify that there is a steak house near by.

If you have these things, you need to begin to look for large areas of sage brush.

You are there!
Its really that easy.

Now, for the hard part. You are going to need to load your I pod up with the proper selection of tunes. If you dont have HILLTOP HOODS in mass quantity, then just turn around and go back to the "Gentlemen's club", your horn hunt is over.

For those of you who have your HILLTOP HOODS, you will need to get your Lenny Kravits on. You gotta move through the sage like Lenny moves across the stage.

You need to pull out your ANTLER BLING pants.
252012.jpg

And most important! NEVER EAT CORN BEFORE A SHED HUNT!
The body cant digest it. It has no nutritional value. And, it usually spreads out and touches the other food on the plate, which is unacceptable!

Now, Begin walking. Out through the sage. There are horns everywhere!

Here are the pics from my first horn hunt of the year.
This last weekend I hit it and did not have the best of luck, the deer are really spread out this year.

Enjoy.
1293picture_005-1.jpg

9142picture_007-1.jpg

720picture_013-1.jpg

7240picture_014-1.jpg

9548picture_030-1.jpg

433picture_032-1.jpg

5655picture_033-1.jpg

5503picture_037-1.jpg

2019picture_0050.jpg

Thank goodness the snow melted off. Friday and Saturday were a wet, muddy mess. Luckily, I walk on water. It wasn't a big problem for me.

Now, I am still looking for a few sheds.
This guy.
3348sh6.jpg

This guy.
3048sh5.jpg

And this guy.
3682sh7.jpg

If you see this antler on the ground, please DO NOT pick it up.
Let me know where it is. I need it to complete my collection!
7522sh2.jpg

The most iportant piece of advice I can give to a new shed hunter is to always remember, you have a wife, three kids, a cat, and a couple of strippers to support. So, stop reading the internet and go find some bone!

Post script.
The other option is to follow YELUM around. He usually can lead you directly to piles of antler.
Warning the guy drives like a maniac! Its tough to keep him from ditching you. But if you stay on his tail, eventually he has to lead you to the horns.

I am glad to see that Shedhawk is back, looks like you are off to a good start this season. I believe that I have driven by to gentlemen's club that you are describing. Although, I did not see the steakhouse, I drove by and wondered what was going on with the hooker boots, and all the HOT girls in trench coats.

I will agree Hilltop Hoods is some great shed hunting tunes, but I prefer Neon Hitch. She's hot and she can carry a tune. Thanks for sharing your pics, by the way, who is the angry guy in the photos holding the horns? Obviously you didn't take him to the club with you.

Oh, don't worry about me. Bessy gave me tune up, so I got to come up with a new set of wheels. Anybody that wants to sell their collection and donate the money to the cause, just pm me and I'll give you my address.

Yelum
9112wheelchair_on_fire.jpg

Now this is funny stuff! Sorry about the bad tune-up Yelum and good to see you managed to survive.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-07-12 AT 05:28PM (MST)[p]nontypical, the hawk is gone.
Why? well, I met a girl. She likes hair pulling! She beats me, pulls my hair out, pinches certain parts of me, its terrible!
I love it!
So, the hawk was missing chunks. It got kind of ratty. It hurt too bad. It had to go.
Not to worry. We will make it work.

Yelum, I was hoping you would chime in on something.
The last set of sheds there.
Same buck?
What do you think? I ran it by the bucksnducks the other day. He said it was going to have to be run by you.
About the donating antlers, you know I an bucksnducks's "horn #####". I give all my antlers to him. Maybe you could score some of them off him.

Also, dakotasage has not given his opinion on that yet.

7182img_3246-1.jpg

5431img_3300-1.jpg

58img_3247-1.jpg

5272img_3297-1.jpg

I just thought I would share a few more pics from this year.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom