How to get from Ely to Vegas?

bakerb

I drew a tag in 114-115 this year. Coming from Missouri for over 2 weeks total

My good hunting buddy would love to tag along, make the drive out and glass with me for a few days, then go home

He doesn't have enough vacation to stay the whole time

We're trying to think of someway he can get from Ely down to Vegas for a flight home midway through the hunt. Some way that wouldn't require me driving him down and then driving myself back up, because it's probably at least a 4 to 5 hour drive one way right?

I couldn't find any rental car places in Ely. Any other ideas?

Thanks
Bake

Bakerb,
Advertise in the local paper, on the net, etc. Someone will be making that trip and would love to share gas expense I am sure.
Lots of good folks in Ely. Also, you could fly him to SLC or Vegas from Ely. Small airport there.
CB08

I believe he can fly out of Ely right to Vegas. Probably to the North Las Vegas airport, but I'm sure he could get a shuttle from NLV to McCarran. From what I remember it's a relatively inexpensive flight.

Try calling these people and see if they have a small truck that your friend can drive to LV.

U-Haul CoU-Haul Co
Place page
1047 E Aultman St
Ely, NV 89301-2508
(775) 289-8882

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks for all the info guys. I'll talk it all over with my buddy tonight. He's a cheapskate though, and so am I, so the bus sounds good

Any info on the bus company name? Does Greyhound run a route through there?

I didn't even consider a dang bus. Duh!

Anybody in Vegas need a motorcycle from Missouri? :)

We talked about hauling down a motorcycle and he could drive that home. But man that's a long dang trip on a motorcycle! 1300+ miles

B

Riding a greyhound bus is worse than being on a reality show. Wait! That would make a good reality show. I rode one once from Idaho Falls to Fernley, NV. That 20 hours was the longest week of my life. I swear the cast from Jersey Shore was on it.

Kilo, you are frickin brilliant. Who else would have thought of renting a Uhaul truck. Back in your day though you probably would have just hopped a freight train or gone on a stagecoach or maybe signed on for a cattle drive. But the Uhaul is a good idea.

Yikes! I just went online to Uhaul and it would cost $214 to rent a truck from Ely to Vegas. Plus fuel. They don't have pickups for rent in Ely.

Back to the cattle drive or Jersey Shore maybe.

The bus I am talking about looks like the shuttle buses at the airport .I believe it leaves from the Nevada Hotel on Altman St.

If you go to http://flygreatlakes.com/, you can pick up a one way ticket from Ely to Las Vegas for $69.00 plus all the tax. It would only be a couple of hours out of your hunt. Pretty cheap to go that way. Better than making the long drive back to Vegas.

Good luck,

Greg

Whens your hunt? if its around the same time im up there i might be able to give him a ride back to vegas. i live in vegas

-Cass

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom