Hunter Orange

Devlin

Whats the rules for Nevada muzzleloader hunters? I could,nt find it in the regs.In Calif. there are no requirements.Thanks in advance for the info....Devlin

LAST EDITED ON Sep-03-04 AT 07:49PM (MST)[p]Don't know anything for sure, but found this article in the Nevada Division of Wildlife archives:

About Us
News / Media Press Releases

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"11/12/03

SEE AND BE SEEN ? BE SAFE WEAR HUNTER ORANGE

Hunting in Nevada is very safe ? but it could be even safer if big game and bird hunters would wear the recommended fluorescent orange vest and hat, say authorities from the Nevada Department of Wildlife (NDOW).

The type of fluorescent orange known as ?hunter orange? is not required by law in Nevada, but highly recommended for general-season big game, upland game and small game hunters. Studies in neighboring states show a reduction in the number of hunting accidents when all hunters wear hunter orange. "

For me, I don't care if it is required or not, I would wear it. I have been in plain sight of too many game animals with hunter orange and not spooked them to worry about it. If I am on public land with other gun hunters, I am going to wear it.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Thanks txhunter58 thats what I was looking for.I plan on wearing a orange hat but wanted to find out if I had to wear a vest also.......Devlin

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom