So whats everyone going to do in utah 1x muzzleloader rule??

notrace

So curious what everyone going to do or what they recommend for sights on muzzleloaders in utah?

Although I agree with the new rules in many cases I wish they would have changed after my wife drew a muzzleloader tag lol!!!

What's everyone thinking???

A Couple Basinites I've Talked With Are Gonna Use The QUICK-DETATCHABLES!

I'll Just Use One Of My Other SmokePoles!

I’ve hunted the muzzy hunt for years and I admit I did indeed slap a 3x9 scope on the first year they allowed it, but I did notice a jump in hunters when they allowed scopes, so I’m glad to see the numbers hopefully go back down.

How many are actually going to make the change? When was the last time you had your license checked, let alone your rifle??

How many are actually going to make the change? When was the last time you had your license checked, let alone your rifle??
Me and my 3 sons will actually go through with the change to follow the rules/regulations. Just saying.

Just ordered and received 4 picatinny rails and purchased 3 of the new 4 new optics. Also have two sets of Williams peep sights.

Me and my 3 sons will actually go through with the change to follow the rules/regulations. Just saying.

Just ordered and received 4 picatinny rails and purchased 3 of the new 4 new optics. Also have two sets of Williams peep sights.
What optic are you putting on them ?

Hoping LEO will have enough grief with poachers that kept their >1x scopes on that Utah will go to a no-scope policy soon.
And open ignition only.
And no sabots.
And…..
Then just adopt Idaho’s regulations.

Well my long range muzzle loader won't work well with a one power scope. I guess it's going to have to be a 1500 dollar adjustable peep sight. It's still not going to help my old eyes to focus. Almost hate to take apart that muzzle loader. It shoots better then some of my rifles.

Well my long range muzzle loader won't work well with a one power scope. I guess it's going to have to be a 1500 dollar adjustable peep sight. It's still not going to help my old eyes to focus. Almost hate to take apart that muzzle loader. It shoots better then some of my rifles.
I thought the same thing...... But ended up trying the Leupold Freedom RDS... and I 100% think its the ticket....

The only hunt you can hunt every year in Utah now is the archery and that is is select units, not all of them.
Agreed, and VERY sad.
My hopes would be if we copied Idaho’s muzzy regs enough folks would bail from muzzy season that average Joe could pull a muzzy tag every year.
Only one way to find out…

Agreed, and VERY sad.
My hopes would be if we copied Idaho’s muzzy regs enough folks would bail from muzzy season that average Joe could pull a muzzy tag every year.
Only one way to find out…
I agree, but I'm really hoping the current change has that effect to some point. I know putting on the higher power scopes really hurt the drawing odds.

I think for the most part, us guys who hunted the muzzy before like the new changes.
The guys who got into muzzleloader hunting after the original changes? Well, sorry you spent all that loot.

A lot of us old timers enjoy the muzzy hunt and are not all about filling a tag. Just the hunt and season we have enjoyed for decades.

Unfortunately I played the game along with others when they changed the game and added the variable power scopes. Not an ideal situation, but it is what it is. Now I have 4 scopes with muzzy reticle's sitting in the closet and had to spend money for 4 new 1X power scopes. A couple thousand dollars to enjoy my hunt and my hunt with family and friends. All is well. Like the changes and the current rules/regulations.

I agree, but I'm really hoping the current change has that effect to some point. I know putting on the higher power scopes really hurt the drawing odds.
NM went to iron sights only and it barely made dent in draw odds. They got slightly better in some hunts and worse in others since it made everyone think it was gonna get better. It won’t make a lick of difference in UT. Harvest rates will likely get worse so they can issue more tags which may in turn make odds a bit better but it’s gonna be minimal. I agree with the change, but it’s not gonna help much

NM went to iron sights only and it barely made dent in draw odds. They got slightly better in some hunts and worse in others since it made everyone think it was gonna get better. It won’t make a lick of difference in UT. Harvest rates will likely get worse so they can issue more tags which may in turn make odds a bit better but it’s gonna be minimal. I agree with the change, but it’s not gonna help much
This ^^^^
Need proof? Check out the number of applicants prior to variable scopes and after. There was no major increase.

Ah, yes, the Utard way.
Sad but true.
UTVs/ATVs on non-motorized trails or making their own roads
No plugs or no non-toxic in the marshes
Shooting from the road or cab.
Spotlighting
Trespassing
Hunting in the wrong unit
Hunting the wrong species
Hunting in the wrong state

Nothing surprises me anymore

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos