Huntinfool or Trail Blaze Hunting Constultants?

hunter1975

I hesitate to ask this question, but I will anyway. I have moved out east and have found it harder and harder to stay current on hunting the western states and rub shoulders with fellow western hunters.

If you had to decide between joining The Huntin' fool or Trail blaze hunting consultants as a resource for information only, and not use the application service, which would you choose?

I hope by asking this question we will not have to re-live the debate on whether these orginizations should exist or not, but rather read some contructive feedback on the level of quality and value these orginizations currently provide to their members.

I've be longed to the Huntin'Fool since "97" and use it for INFO only --- if You apply in several states yearly,the Service is a Good starting point.Apply,APPLY !!!

Huntin' Fool is very thorough and complete. They get the info out in a timely manner. I would also think Carter's have a deeper network of help to ensure accuracy and recent changes. I am not familiar with the Blaze, but I think Carter's would be tough to beat.

Huntinfool hands down. They will give you very good info over the phone about specific units, and they also sell a lot of landowner tags to Members only!

CABugle

Huntinfool!

They are a great resource if you are applying for multi states.

Colorado outdoors is a great resource for Colorado as well. I wish all the states games dept had a publication like that.

Another vote for Huntin Fool, the magazine is above top notch for quality and photo's, and the info is second too none.

Plus i have guided with Jeff Warren for 13 years (new staff member) and that guy will bend over backwards to help you get a hunt lined up.

Skull Krazy
"No Bones About It"

I use Huntin Fool and Trail Blaze's TrophyChaser plus carefully read Eastman's MRS, too, which seems better each year.

Once in a while I will also find a useful nugget of info at a state website or in a magazine article. I toss all the info in each state's folder and review it as put in for draws.

HFool is very useful for me in identifying the best of the best trophy hunts. The downside is the handful of total nonresident tags in those 5 or 10 units get hammered since HFool has 12,000 or so readers.

The other sources and various forums like here provide a different perspective than HFool plus collectively the other sources help me find hunts that can be very good experiences with much, much better odds than simply following the HFool herd.

The strategy of using a lot of data works okay for me. I apply for around 80 hunts each year in the West and generally get drawn for 1 trophy hunt and 1 or 2 other hunt that are not likely to yield a trophy but will be a good experience. Some years I am skunked, though.

>

>
>The strategy of using a lot
>of data works okay for
>me. I apply for around
>80 hunts each year in
>the West and generally get
>drawn for 1 trophy hunt
>and 1 or 2 other
>hunt that are not likely
>to yield a trophy but
>will be a good experience.
>Some years I am skunked,
>though.
>
>
>Wow! I didn't know there were 80 hunts out west to apply for!But I guess thats O.K. ,I could not afford the application fees.
>

Outdoors is probably including wife, son and/or daughter. Most I've ever applied for was 31 plus about 20 for my son that year.

26 this year including Kali plus antelope, deer, elk in about 5 states for my girlfriend. Deer and antelope in Wy and deer/elk in Colorado for her son plus that cheap youth elk point in Wy come July.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom