Hunting Opportunities ASAP....

Hammnit

LAST EDITED ON Dec-16-11 AT 03:02PM (MST)[p]Folks,
I have a request. A buddy's father has just been diagnosed with Stage 4 Pacreatic cancer and although he's feeling pretty well now, his prognosis is not good. My buddy is looking for one last hunt that he, his brothers and his dad could go on before his dad's health deteriorates, which in all likelyhood could be anytime.

I'm trying to help him come up with something as soon as possible and I could any and all help. They're not looking for any charity so they'd be interested in any late season guided hunts, depredation hunts, "preserve" type hunts, etc. I figured Texas (deer or exotics) might be a possibility or a late cow elk hunt somewhere? I'm just trying to help him out as I'd really like to see him get one more trip with his dad (who's not very old by the way).

I know that nearly all big game seasons are over now and Christmas is only a week away.

Anwyay, any ideas or contacts would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Matt

I've been scouring Craigslist and Ebay. Texas and New Mexico are definitely a couple of possibilities.
Thanks!

I have a 200.00 deposit that they could have at the Baker3 ranch.I haven't hunted there but was going to take my daughter and decided to go someplace closer to home.It's in Texas and has exotics and deer,a audad hunt might be cool also in Texas

Yep, the south Texas season lasts until 1/15/2012 and there should be ranches that will let you on them if you have the $. You could also do the high fence hunts of various sizes down there, but don't tell Shedz I told you that, LOL!

You can always do pig hunts and I think I read a while back about Arizona having over the counter javalena hunts around Christmas. Not sure where you live but there is even pig hunts in Utah. God bless.

Arizona does not have over the counter javelina, but there are several tags left over for archery and rifle. You can purchase them at fish & game also you can buy an over the counter archery deer tag which is good for the whole month of january and the fall archery hunt if you don't get anything in jan. hope this helps and best wishes to your buddies family.

I normally do not post other forums, but put a post on TexasHuntingForum.com in the "whitetail" or "guide and outfitter" section. There are some really good guys on there, that have a lot of private land.

Take him to south Texas on an exotic hunt. I just got back from a Nilgai Antelope hunt and had a blast. 75 degree weather and not much hiking involved. Comfortable accomidations and great food. Trip was booked through Wildlife Systems and I'm sure Greg could get you set up in a hurry. PM me if you need more info.

ARROWCHUCKER

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom