I drew but my kids didnt

Tsho86

Ok me and my dad both drew a general season tag while my 12 year old son and 13 year old nephew didn't. I thought for sure the kids would draw something and now their hopes are shot. My question is if it is possible to give up my tag and my dads tag for the the kids? I think i know the answer, but thought id ask. I would love to see them bag a deer rather than me.

They are changing that right now. It may happen before hunting season. We will have to see,look for the post here that talks about it !

No you can't. I hope they don't either. This is a great opportunity to teach the kids how to hunt and its not about the tag or the kill but the opportunity to be out there and enjoy and help others that may have a tag. Our youth have an attitude of entitelment. Our youth are way spoiled.

Just my opinion.

You can get them a archery tag if they are a youth (which they are). Call the DWR on tuesday and they can help you out

Making tags transferable opens up a big nasty smelling can of worms. Your intentions are very good bit fell we should not go there.

Pretty frustrating. Your tag, for a fee, you should be able to transfer it IMO. My daughter drew her first tag this year, my son got the big "U"!
I will get them out one way or another. I will try to get them some antlerless tags also. Look for the post about Proposed
Youth Legislation Changes. Maybe try to get them a general elk tag as well. Hunting with our kids make great memories. Its that much better when they pull the trigger!!!!

Answers

LAST EDITED ON May-29-11 AT 09:36AM (MST)[p]I may have a couple reasons why it's like that now. One is that Utah is crowded as the Wasatch front is almost like one city from Ogden to Springville. People all living on prime would- be deer habitat that is now ridgeline fancy houses with 3-5 kids to every parent. They can leave their house and drive a mile then hike all over the mountains.

One year when an early snow pushed the hunters from getting to the upper elevations the "unethical" ones set up their camps with 5-20 people from each family in one area then the worst ones were chasing the deer around "off-trail' with jeeps,atv's and motorcycles. I couldn't believe my eyes and sickened by the practices and crowds I did an about-face and left quickly and waited for the last 3 days to hunt deer that season as opening day was like some Road Warrior hunting movie.

Another is talking to a landowner who let me hunt on his land and he had to resort to putting rebar that had been sharpened into spikes in the ground where the atv people were tearing down the fence and riding into the land he owned and going anywhere they damn pleased.

Utah is a pretty state but times have changed, and ethics have changed such as kids going out after school with bows that shoot deer in the hind quarters if that is the only shot they get.

Of course there are may great sportsman out there also as I have hunted with them adn admired the qualities of respecting the animals and the land we have inherited.

Maybe this rambled a little but it's just some things that I wish I didn't have to experience and they are things that ruin hunting for us all.

RE: Answers

Hello folks, I remember when i was young and my dad would carry a smaller calliber rifle than his 7 mag, and someone would shoot it in the field,during a hunt ,who was not yet old enough to hunt , or didnt draw a tag , are you getting my drift !!!

'IT AINT EASY BEING ME'

LAST EDITED ON May-29-11 AT 05:54PM (MST)[p]Yeah, I got the drift too and if you can't offer any better advice than violating the law I hope you drift right on away from this thread!!!

Wapitibob

I am a fun guy to be around. I have been hunting my hole life(33 years). I would cry when my dad was hunting or fishing with out me when I was young. But the day came. I love it tons. I have been a scout leader for 6 years now. The kids love what I do. Fishing, archery, rifle shooting, camping, and so on. Parents have begged for me to stick around cause the kids love it and so do I. So I think I am a fun guy. I just don't BABY the kids or my kids. Let them watch and learn.

Robiland-the fun guy!

I'm glad my father taught me to obey the game laws and to appreciate the heritage. If you teach a kid to poach how bad is that kid going to be when grown ?

The reason I don't think tags should be transferable is this. If they were, many people, who might not really hunt, could put in for a tag and then sell it. Talk about tag pimps!

Poaching guys,Hardly, No deer was ever poached ,it was killed during a legal season and was tagged every time !

'IT AINT EASY BEING ME'

LAST EDITED ON May-30-11 AT 09:35AM (MST)[p]Ok, not going to start a quarrel thread here-but, if I took my son and he didn't have a tag and I did, but he shot my deer, it would be poached. The same thing would be letting an unlicensed driver operate my vehicle. It's unlawful even though it's legal for cars to be on the road.

"Poaching is the illegal hunting, killing or capturing of animals. This can occur in a variety of ways. Poaching can refer to the failure to comply with regulations for legal harvest, resulting in the illegal taking of wildlife that would otherwise be allowable. Examples include: Taking without a license or permit, use of a prohibited weapon or trap, taking outside of the designated time of day or year, and taking of a prohibited sex or life stage".

LAST EDITED ON May-30-11 AT 11:12AM (MST)[p]Longshooter338 is the problem with our society. The guy was taught that game laws were not important and he is fine with teaching the same to his children. Maybe Longshooter338, his dad, his grandma, his wife, and his grandpa should all buy a tag and then let Longshooter338's kid shoot all the bucks. I mean, the tag is filled right? One tag for one deer, right?

It is ALL FOR THE CHILDREN! We must do it ALL FOR THE CHILDREN! There is no way our kids could ever survive if they can't shoot dad's buck. A trophy for everyone- oh and healthcare too! Retirement and free rides all around. LongShooter338 is advocating poaching and it sounds like he is creating another generation of poachers.

Bean Man I think the legislation would only allow for transfer to ones own child.

Bill

Look out Forkie, FTW is watching us!

2POINT, DEARMADNESS, You are fools if you dont think this happens, every year, and it should , and will entil the dwr pulls their head out of the sand and starts ensuring that youth are at least guaranteed, a tag at least the first year that they apply. And then get a true point system that actually works.And by all means lets not take a tag out of your hands i mean that would just be devistating to you im sure, WAKE THE HELL UP !!!!

'IT AINT EASY BEING ME'

LAST EDITED ON May-30-11 AT 12:48PM (MST)[p]

That's about the type of post I figured you would follow up the other ones with if you even dared to come on here again. Yep, everyone should just go ahead and violate the law as long as it suits their own purpose! You, Sir, are a LOSER and a damn poor mentor with that type of attitude!!! Shame, shame, shame on you and what a lousy philosophy IMHO!!! PS: It also shows you're not too smart when you come right out on an open hunting website and brag how you violate the law. I know there is at least one F&G LE person on this site and I hope he sees this thread and someone pays a visit to your violative abode!!! It would serve you right and not be the first time that a violator shot his mouth off and got busted as a result!!! Pass it on guys---Kody Bracken of St, George, Utah is a self-confessed Poacher and says he will continue to be one!!!

That sure was a well thought out response. Of course I understand that poaching happens. We can see that you condone it. You can reason it away all you want, but the tag has one person's name on it. If another person fills it that is known by most as poaching. You even stated in a previous post your dad let you kill a deer on his tag before you were old enough to hunt. Poaching. Don't like the system, then change it. Don't teach your kids to be poachers.

When you ranted about taking a tag out of my hands, what are you talking about? I did not even apply for a general tag in Utah. I'd hope a kid drew it instead of me as I have other options. Next year I should apply. That might keep it out of a poacher's hands. Rant away Longshooter338. You'll still be a poacher, no matter how much you want to change the subject.

topgun, i,ve done more fore wildlife in the state of utah than you could ever imagine, So next time you run a red light, or blow through a stop sign think of me.

'IT AINT EASY BEING ME'

LAST EDITED ON May-30-11 AT 12:57PM (MST)[p]Well, there's another well thought out response, LOL!!! That's what they all say when they come back on after stupid statements like your posts have been. I've done more for...blah blah blah, LOL! The only way I, or anyone else on this thread, will probably think of you after this thread is as a self-admitted violator of wildlife laws who seems to be proud of it!!! PS: You may want to quit before you dig an even deeper hole for yourself, as you aren't doing too good right now and the more you post the dumber you look!

LAST EDITED ON May-30-11 AT 12:55PM (MST)[p]Ah yes, the old stand by responses of traffic violations and look what I have done. Good play LongPoacher338. That took quite a bit of thought on your part. Yes, teaching your kids to poach is akin to running a red light because everyone is out there running red lights. We are sure that because you went to a banquet which netted 42% that you should be able to poach and teach your kids to poach.

Try this. Go into the local Fish and Game office, tell them you think it is ok to allow your kid to fill your tag, and ask them the legality. Then come back on here and report the response to us.

AIN'T OPTION 2 JUST GRAND???? WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR WHEN 7000 MORE TAGS ARE PISSED AWAY!!

2010 TOTALS
P.E.T.A. = 0 HUNTERS GONE
UTAH WILDLIFE BOARD = 13,000 HUNTERS GONE

Take them hunting with you. Sorry sometimes you don't get to shoot the big animal, but you can still be out and have a great time.

I think it happens but my Father has integrity and I waited until I was old enough for a tag and then I was legal. Sorry but I know good outdoorsman follow rules.

My boy watched me shoot a nice buck in Utah and he hugged me and whoop hollered and jumped for joy. The next year he shot a huge 2-point. yes!

There's a reason they are called Utards. Of course since it's posted in the 'General Forum' instead of the Utard Forum you have to read a couple of posts to figure that out.

"Holey christ i'm glad I dont live in UT"

Put your kids in for a elk or lope antlerless tag is an option. Open bull tag is another option. Good luck.

LAST EDITED ON May-31-11 AT 10:03AM (MST)[p]
Topgun, Dont believe everything you read here in mm land !
Second off dont go runnin your mouth,With almost 2000 posts dude get off the computer and get yourself laid wont ya !

You are way to predictable, my first 2 posts were intended to stir the pot.Anyone who is only willing to put their children in for a deer tag only and then be dissapointed that they didnt draw well enough said !

You of all people with all your time on the puter should recognize a pot stirrer when you see one.Im 37 years old we didnt half to draw for tags when i was young we purchased them over the counter.

As for poachers, I hate the competition ,lol That was a joke michael from il, The local warden here knows me well he has been trying to catch me for years, lol give him a call!

As for my 3rd point, party hunting exists in every state and utah is no different. I know countless numbers of parents who let their children fill their buff tag, le bull tag, le deer tag, etc. Because they cant draw a tag here in utah with that said the dwr should make tags transferable to children living within the same household period .

And did i mention im also a utah hunter ed instructor, michael from il,
As for 2point just keep hiding behind your disabled profile, lol
'IT AINT EASY BEING ME'

Yes party hunting does happen in every state. But, it doesn't mean it is right. It is still breaking the law. Trying to justify it because others do it is rediculous.

Keep bragging about it, and keep bragging that you haven't been caught "yet," because one day you will get caught. Then you can tell the judge that people do it in other states so you shouldn't get in trouble. And you can blame it on F&G for not allowing tag transfers. Blame everybody but yourself for being a poacher.

LAST EDITED ON May-31-11 AT 11:31AM (MST)[p]Me running my mouth off! What a joke you are, LOL!!! I figured you'd be dumb enough to try and cover up your other posts with more BS when you finally figured out how dumb you looked on here, but I'm not buying it and that's all that last long-winded post was---more BS!!! Incidentally, your math isn't too damn good either as 1055 posts is a far cry from 2000, LOL!!! Anyway, it's better to be posting on here than out violating the law like you stated you do!!! Looks like now you're a liar too, if you say all the rest was made up to stir the pot. You stirred the pot alright and I don't for a minute believe anything was made up until reading your last post! You go worry about yourself and your violating ways, as I'm retired, don't cheat, lie, violate game laws, and can more than take care of myself.

I went to Alaska 10 years ago. I was amazed to find out you could fill the tags of immediate family members and for people over 65. I would be all for that in Utah if I didn't know so many guys that are always looking for someone to "dump" their wild meat on.

We should have a forum on here with names where people can dump their wild game carcases.

LongPoacher338, are you really saying that you are a hunter's ed instructor? Now that is the claim of the year! If you really are then it proves that there is corruption in every facet of life. A poacher is all you will ever be. You have no respect for the animals we hunt. You are the worst of mentors, caring not for the activity nor for the law which protects our resources. Poach away, just like the others who run in your circle do. I know of no one in my circle who party hunts or lets their kid shoot their limit. We have great hunts. The kids are thrilled when dads shoot, dads are thrilled when their kids shoot, and more importantly everyone enjoys the experience no matter if blood is spilt or not.

Poach away Mr LongPoacher338, poach away.

2 Point,

Could never really picture weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth until now.

WOW!!!

I hardly know a pre 1990 hunter who is going to make it.

Topgun, 2point,I guess i just dont take myself as serious as you to gals, I have never poached an animal in my life, My kids have never killed one of my animals, Their to buisy killing their own to worry about mine, And i never said i party hunted just stated the fact that i know people who have and the law about transfer of tags should be changed, There are plenty of people on this site who can atest to my reputation, And many of them i took out and showed them their first animals to harvest, so rant and rave away.

[email protected]
[email protected]

'IT AINT EASY BEING ME'

LAST EDITED ON May-31-11 AT 09:11PM (MST)[p]Call me gal or whatever you want! It's no skin off my teeth, LOL! YOU made an ass out of yourself, not me!!! I'm not the one that put all the BS up in YOUR posts and is now trying to retract everything like YOU are and telling everybody YOU'RE a good boy. YOU put up all the posts under YOUR name stating the way it was with YOU and YOUR philosophy, so now YOU live with it because YOU either lied before or YOU'RE lying now. No ranting or raving on my part, but just telling it like it is!!! PS: By the way, I haven't seen one single friend of yours coming on this site to tell us how great a guy you are after you blew it on this thread!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom