I drew XXX now what do I do

Wes

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON May-26-14 AT 12:38PM (MST)[p]
Unlike others who believe that you have no business applying for tags in areas that you're unfamiliar with and if you draw a tag you should turn your tag back in so someone who is entitled and has more experience in that area can receive it I disagree. I believe that with the difficulty in drawing tags these days we are forced to apply for areas that we have never been to just to have the opportunity to do what we love doing, Hunting! I've drawn a lot of tags for places that I had never been to and with the help of others I was able to have a great hunt so If anyone needs help with an unfamiliar tag I'm more then happy to share info. I have experience with deer, elk and antelope in areas 6 , 7 , 8 , 10 , 111, 112, 114, 141 , 222, 251, 26, and 27.
Wes
801-550-4973

I agree also.
Life is too short...
With a 10 year waiting period in Nevada after drawing an elk tag, Most likely for nonresidence you may get 1 tag or 2 if your lucky 20 years apart.
I drew a few years ago with like 14 points. With the 10 year waiting period and another 10-20 years to draw again i'll be dead. This grandpa can't live forever...

Now this year my wife drew with 10 points.
Area 7, units 76,77,79,81 first late rifle nov,4-

I put out a few requests for help too.
I have maps set out on my deck, on the floor , they follow me around the house. wife keeps putting them back on my desk. We have drawn 3 states this year and the pile is high.

If anyone can help with info on 76-77-79-81 elk, We would appriciate it.
thanks...

Good talking to you on the phone Wes.I will call again when my maps arrive.And if I can return the favor here in NM or CO heres some of those bucks my family and I have killed

So any help I can offer here in NM your more than welcome.These are just mulie pics also know antelope Barbary elk ibex oryx
Thanks for the help

LAST EDITED ON May-26-14 AT 12:25PM (MST)[p]DB&B
I edited my post. I missed adding area 8. Give me a call and I'll help you out.

Miguel
Good talking to you too. Those are some nice bucks you posted
Wes

I agree Wes, especially on Nevada hunts. You have no way of knowing all 5 of your choices and hunting the same area multiple times in Nevada is impossible. You are one of the reasons that this site is successful. Great pictures,

Rich

I just want to give another "shout out" to Wes. I apply all over with the attitude I will figure it out if I draw. Many of the western states I apply in I will only get one chance at deer, elk, or antelope. Maybe never get a chance at sheep or mountain goat but I apply anyway. When I finally get my chance its good to know there are people like Wes that will help make my hunt of a lifetime come true

Thanks Wes, It was great to talk to you yesterday and find out we have hunted some of the same areas back here in your old stomping grounds, looking forward to talking to you again!

I was thinking back and forgot to add area's 17 and 211 to the list. I've been very fortunate to have drawn a few different areas in Nevada over the years and guide in a few others. This year I didn't draw anything except for my dedicated hunter deer tag at home. I found a couple bucks after the season last year that I'll be chasing this year.
Wes

WES,
Great post! I agree with you whole-heartedly, I drew a bull tag last year in 111-114 and had never hunted there before for Elk. I recieved some awesome info from quality sportsman on this page and I would be happy to give back to anyone in the same place I was a year ago. I had a great time hunting those units and have some great info for anyone who wants it.

Again, Kudo's to you Wes for the offer. The public flogging of folks who "don't deserve to draw a tag for an area they weren't born and raised in" get's very old.

It's just nice to see folks helping folks. That's what it's all about!
Hammnit

Hey Wes, Great post! Wish more of the members were that helpful. I've had some great help here over the years and sure would help other hunters if possible. Sourkraut

I have 3 areas I have hunted repeatedly (more than 4 times each). Montana elk, Colorado elk and kali deer. Every other hunt I've had has been in "virgin for me" territory.

And between MM and Huntnfool, I have never walked into a unit blind. I help others and they help me. That's how it should be.

Kudos to WES.

This is a really nice thread in my opinion. I think that there could/should be many more like it but some guys are afraid someone else will hunt before they can.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

magnum12
If I didn't respond to your pm try me again. I accidentally deleted a pm the other night before I read it. I've spoken to so many people that I can't remember all the names, so if anyone didn't get a response I apologize. Please pm or call me again.
Wes

WES.........A VERY NICE ACT OF GOOD WILL AMONG HUNTERS ON YOUR PART. I HAVE ALWAYS KNOWN YOU AS ONE OF THE GOOD GUYS HERE ON MM, WILLING TO HELP. IF I CAN DRAW A NEVADA TAG BEFORE I GET TOO OLD, YOU ARE ON THE TOP OF MY LIST FOR SURE. TAKE ER EASY.........................YD.

This will be my first year hunting Nevada. I've been a resident for 10+ years but always hunt Utah. This will also be my first year bowhunting.

I put in for the 1101 Hunt which is an anterless depredation hunt. I was mainly looking for an easier hunt that would occur late in the year and one that I had pretty much a 100% chance of drawing and one that I could apply for an additional deer tag in another category in a subsequent draw.

Well I was successfule and now I'm hoping someone can help me and give me some advice. Its a hunt that occurs within 1 mile of the Baker Ranch properties. So I'm not sure if I'm supposed to contact them and if they direct hunting locations or if I just find a spot outside the fences but still within a mile of the property?

Does anyone have any experience with this hunt and would be willing to share some advice? I saw through the draw results that there are a lot of people out of Henderson and Vegas on this hunt. They must think like me!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks.

Nelson, I see this is your first post. You would do better to ask the question by starting your own thread. WES won't accuse you of hi-jacking his thread, but some would. Additionally, if the title of your thread mentions the hunt you have, people with experience with that hunt may open your threat to reply, instead of MAYBE stumbling across it buried in a thread who's title is unrelated.

Good luck in your search, and on your hunt.

>Nelson, I see this is
>your first post. You
>would do better to ask
>the question by starting your
>own thread. WES won't
>accuse you of hi-jacking his
>thread, but some would.
>Additionally, if the title of
>your thread mentions the hunt
>you have, people with experience
>with that hunt may open
>your threat to reply, instead
>of MAYBE stumbling across it
>buried in a thread who's
>title is unrelated.
>
>Good luck in your search, and
>on your hunt.

I'd love to start my own thread but for some reason I can't figure out how to do it. Just figured it was cause I was so new. I can't seem to see how to start a new thread. Brainfart?
Thanks for the help.

>Nelson, I see this is
>your first post. You
>would do better to ask
>the question by starting your
>own thread. WES won't
>accuse you of hi-jacking his
>thread, but some would.
>Additionally, if the title of
>your thread mentions the hunt
>you have, people with experience
>with that hunt may open
>your threat to reply, instead
>of MAYBE stumbling across it
>buried in a thread who's
>title is unrelated.
>
>Good luck in your search, and
>on your hunt.

I figured it out! Thanks for the prodding.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom