I placed my order!

Idahoron

Very Active Member
Well the Idaho F&G said we could have better hunts and I have placed my order
8 deer hunts and 5 elk hunts. The scoping time is coming soon So I figure I need to let them know what I want.
Two early season deer hunts 1 bugle elk hunt and the rest are late season. If I get my way we will have some GREAT hunts. Ron

I placed my order for a rhino tag in Idaho.The Fish$Game told me that Idaho did not have rhino in the state.That is funning they dont have deer or elk but that has not stopped them from selling tags for them.

The last I heard F&G was kicking the muzzleloader hunters out of one of the best deer areas and giving those tags to the centerfire guys?.all the while claiming that the muzzleloading hunters are too successful and they're killing too many deer.
After the way Idaho's managers have spoken to me and the lies I have been told, all I can believe is that they hate dealing with us and the sooner we go away the happier they will be.
Also, with more restrictions on the sport and lot of traditional shooters being completely satisfied with non-trophy hunts, I bet that's all they'll continue to offer. Their contention will most likely be the same as it's been the last few years..."less hunters are participating in muzzleloader hunts". This is one of their best lies because they've been cutting muzzleloader tags each year for the past three years so, of course there's less people participating?even though the interest in muzzleloading continues to grow.

In 2002 I talked to Brad Compton about getting a muzzleloader rut hunt for bulls. His reply was, that would be doubtful because the bow hunters would have a fit if we gave one of their units to some muzzleloading hunters. He went on to say, maybe if we could find a unit without an early archery elk season, so I said, how about unit 39? He replied, you should come to the meetings next year, so I did, and now we have a cow only muzzleloader hunt in 39.

IMO, all F&G wants muzzleloading hunters around for is to hunt hair in areas where they only want a few animals killed.

For the most part no one is vocal. The F&G can't read our minds how are they to know what we want? I can tell you I asked for some either sex hunts. The reason is because I think that most guys just want to tag something. But a either sex hunt still allows for a Buck or a Bull. I can tell you my sugestions for hunts WILL be trophy hunts. No I don't expect to get them all. In fact we will be lucky if a couple are accepted. Fact is at least they know what I want. Ron

LAST EDITED ON Mar-05-07 AT 05:05PM (MST)[p]Idahoron,

I have read the proposals for my neck of the woods, SE Idaho, and there looks to be some fun hunts. I hope this goes through, and I wish we could get a few more quality, trophy type hunts. I know the commision is gun shy about taking anything away from the archers or center fire folks, but if they are stating that muzzleloader hunters have grown from 3,000 in the early 80's to 25,000 now, wouldn't that mean they could justify giving us more opportunity?

Smokepoler63

If they reverse the inline rule I will say all bets are off. In my area they are not giving out crap. I asked for some nice hunts that are not taking away from anyone. Still they shot me down. Only one hunt was on the table I asked for and the time line was screwed up, because of archers. Crap they have the whole state! Throw the dog a bone here. Ron

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom