I tagged out on Sunday

Blueoak

Very Active Member
Got this nice little four point Sunday. Now I can only hunt pigs while I wait for Nevada.

daveelliott90903-1.jpg

daveelliott90903-2.jpg

I messed up. The top picture is a couple of bucks we got this year as well. 20inch ans 22inch 4x3's

Hey Blue, did you hear about a 4x4 24wide 18 high killed in your area? Thats what i heard. By the way , nice bucks.

Nice bucks , you ended your season just in time . The temps are going to really start climbing starting tomorrow . I hate hunting when it's 100+ .

It's great to see some awsome Nor Cal success. I will only be able to hunt the last weekend of the season here in the So Bay.
This weekend though I will be heading to central NV for a marathon scouting trip. Which area are you heading to?

Well we scoured as much of this unit as possible in the two and a half days that we were there. We did find two to three areas that looked promising but only saw one 3x3 a few rubs and lots of doe's. Even with that said I feel good about the area's that we found seeing that we spent most of the time in the truck just looking at the habitat and topo maps.

Have you hunted this area in the past?

P.S. look into a lion tag there are pleanty of them here.

Never hunted it before. I know about the lions and I will be there chasing them. I got my first one last year and I am helping the guy this year because it was such a kick.

I just look for tracks and then my buudy brings his hounds if I find a good track. I am just trying to help him cover more ground. I like being out there looking a bucks in the winter. I 'll have a tag incase i find a big tom.

GOTTA LOVE THE EASY I MEAN "A" ZONE.
TO EASY! AND YOU USED HOUNDS? WHERE THE SPORT IN
THAT? I KNOW TWENTY GUYS WHO TAG OUT EVERY YEAR ON
RANCHES,NO THANKS I'LL PACK IN AND I'LL PACK OUT!
USE THE DOGS ON THE HOGS,BEAR THEY MAY FIGHT BACK
AND NOT RUN TILL THERE HEART POP!

The hounds are for cats in Nevada. Read the whole post! Ya the a-zone can be easy. Why use dogs on pigs they are even easyer to get.

Congrats on the nice buck Blueoak!
I had limited time to hunt this year and marginal country.
I didn't have time to do my backpack hunt in B2.
I shot a 3point last night just before dark(on the last day of season)
Good luck in Nevada! I shot a Mountain lion near Austin (point of rocks canyon) when I was a kid. There are a lot of cats there!

Sounds like there might be a little jealousy involved in your post as well as a lack of experience hunting A-zone private ranches. Your right, on some ranches it's easy to go out and shoot a small buck, why is that ? Because most private ranches have some type of management program in effect and that's exactly why small bucks are so abundant. Criticizing private ranches for improving the quality and size of their deer herd is like criticizing a hunter for being a good shot. I suppose they could shoot every legal buck they see in order to make the hunting more difficult but that's not likely to happen. If more public land hunters would show the same restraint, California's public land hunting would improve greatly. As far as your "easy zone" comment, it's pretty obvious you have never tried to climb the steep costal California mountains in 100 degree heat for days at a time, in search of a good buck, or you would have a more realistic opinion of A-zone hunting.
I have no idea what type of hunting method your friends use, maybe they drive around in jeeps and shoot little bucks from the road, I don't know, but I assure you there are a lot of private land hunters who hunt their butts off in order to get their buck. In fact I happen to be one of them. I hunted nearly every day of the season this year but it wasn't until three days before the season closed that I finally killed the buck I had been looking for, a beautiful long tined 4x4. In the future do all us hard working A-zone hunters a favor and don't refer to A-zone as the "easy zone".

Glenn, good response and you are correct. Most coast hunters know what you say is true. I did not respond to negitivity of the post. Glad you set it right. My ranch is totally vertical and hot, and no roads!

no apple trees,grapes,water? thats what I'm talking about,you guys know what I mean only a small percent of rightous hunter are out their ! most are shot from trucks,quads, back doors.
And MOST of us have done it. I have not in 13 years! Just went to a big ass wedding full of cowboys and that all I HEARD!
Most of "A"zone is easy.
I stand corrected! Happycamp here we come!see ya in NV,ID!
GOOD LUCK! THANK THE LORD WE CAN STILL HUNT!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom