Idaho 54 Antelope

bobalouie

I have a very lucky 12 year old son that drew this tag this year. I have been over scouting the eastern side of the unit a few times, Burley south to Oakley. Should I be over on the west side of the unit? Any tips or advice from any past experience in this unit would be great.
Thanks

I had that tag about 8 years ago. I spent all my time on the west side not too far from Jackpot. I had a couple of ranchers that even let me look around their property. I never found any bucks that really tripped my trigger. I'm used to hunting Wyoming speed goats so it was lots different with just the numbers and quality. Still it was a real fun hunt and I had a blast.

There are good goats throughout the unit, but most of the pressure and animals are located from the central to the western side... Congrats to the lil man on the tag, did he draw the rifle or archery tag??

Ill be across the road in 47 with my muzzleloader this year chasing antelope, so I will keep my eyes open on your unit when I'm coming and going.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-15-12 AT 09:50PM (MST)[p]nothing in my e-mail as yet,larry ( ljmelea)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom