Idaho archery elk info

D

desertrancher

Hi folks. I am looking for a little info from some of you who live and hunt in Idaho for elk. I am looking for a spot to archery elk hunt in '12 up your way. I live and ranch in Utah (Don't hold it against me please) and want to see some new country. I have hunted with my bow since i was 17 and i am 43. I don't want any top secret honeyholes, just some places to start looking. Any branch antlered bull would be great. I have horses and can pack in or can trailer camp if the situation calls for it. I just love chasing bulls every fall with a stick and string and wanted to try another state. Looking at Colorado as well. I appreciate any info and would be willing to do the same for you here in Utah. I live and ranch in Vernon, Utah which is a limited entry deer unit and know the unit like my living room if that would be of any help. Again, i appreciate any and all help. Thanks!!!

Desert Rancher
[email protected]

You might want to try unit 31,its a draw for rifle but OTC tag for archery,very open country,lots of elk and even more people.Good luck!

You guys are great! Thanks so much for the tips. I appreciate the PM's and will be visiting with you all here shortly. I will sure help you in any way i can if you need Utah info. I guided in Utah for over 10 years while my family was still young and quit two years ago. I like to think i know most of the state pretty good and if i can return the favor i will. Again, many thanks!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom