Idaho Muzzleloader

And CVA probably has a better track record on conicals than T/C. T/C claims the northwest will shoot them well and I think they even guarantee it, but with the QLA I still am not sure. Before buying a northwest, be sure about the accuracy gurantee. It does have a 1:48 twist which may help on big lead slugs.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

I personally would not own the TC due to the QLA and 1-48 twist. I wouldn't own the CVA because it is a CVA. I got turned off on them years ago when all they made was junk. I have heard that they are better now but I don't want to plunk down money on one. Ron

I remember years ago you even sent me some of those 385gr .45cal paper patched bullets for my winchester apex 1:28 twist and them suckers were holding 1" groups at 100 yards with 80gr pyrodex P. THAT would make a good idaho muzzy if the breech were exposed.

I think the elkhorn with the 385 hornady great plains conical would be the ticket. Run 80-90gr pyrodex RS in it as well.
www.FrontierMuzzleloading.com

Thanks everyone, the 1:48 twist does concern me.I am not a fan of big slugs and I would like to be able to use the gun in other states with sabots were legal. I guess the CVA gets the nod.

Don

I tried smacking them with the hammer and every one I hit went off so I guess it isn't the caps. I did notice that it took more to get the #11s to fire than it did the musket caps. I am going to tear it down and clean it again, and use your advice on keeping the oil off of the nipple. I will see if I can get the caps to shoot tomorrow.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom