If you could pick one....

sneakem

Many of us here have children that we would like to see grow up and follow in our footsteps as hunters. What I was wondering was if you could pick one thing to pass on to them what would it be? Personally mine would be outdoor skills. First and foremost I don't care if my child ever takes a trophy animal. What is important to me is that they know what to do in the woods, regardless the situation.

Mine is that they know Jesus Christ as their lord and savior and always live their lives as he would.....

To follow there dreams and be happy. What ever they may be.

Happy trails
Ridge Runner
"Now Pilgrim,you sure you can skin grizz"

I have never taken a wall hanger and don't care to . If my son or daughter do , then great . The one and only thing I want my kids to know about the outdoors , is to be able to sit on top of the mountain at 9,000-10,000 ft with a thermous of coffee or hot chocolate . I will have them up there before sunrise , watch the world come to life as our CREATOR meant it to be . After one has completed this task , everything else falls in line . It is much easier to realize GOD and our surroundings when your eye's have the opportunity to experience a sunrise up high and being able to see the beauty HE has given us . It is easier to understand the importance of taking care of the creatures in the woods , and the earth in general . If after my kids experience this , and they choose to take a wall hanger , it will be the good LORD above that we give thanks to .

Absolutly what Kingfish said. If I could add another, it would be respect: respect for others, respect for the outdoors, respect for our creator, respect for life, etc.

Lien2

Kingfish hit the nail on the head with the only question in life that really matters, after that Buttshoot hit it good too.

First and foremost Jesus Christ. Thats all that really matters in this world. Second to love one another, as God loves us. Third the pleasures of the great outdoors!

jeremy

Now your talkin, there are not enough of us telling the world and our children about Christ. Put him 1st and everything else will fall in place.

I would have to choose respect for game we hunt. I have seen to many hunters ashamed to show me pictures of smaller bucks or bulls they have taken. Some of my best hunts have been less than trophy quality, but I worked my tail off to get it and proudly show it off. I hope I can teach my children(when god blesses me and my wife)to respect and appreciate all the mountains have to offer. http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5db29b3127cce91c86b0e9be900000016108Acs2jdw3YtA

I would choose for them to have a belief in God and Christ, and to accept things as they are and for what they are, and be happy with just being alive..

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom