I'll bite.

Dawgs

LAST EDITED ON Mar-17-13 AT 00:06AM (MST)[p]Tis the season to not share I guess, so I'll bite and post up a couple. Got lucky on a fresh set today as I came across a rig parked on a side road in the area where I planned to hike. This rarely happens around here. I hiked further along to avoid them and to give myself a half chance at not just following their tracks.

Here's the ATL - the second side is just down the way:

4512img_3037.jpg

And the pair together:

2025img_3038.jpg

Nice Finds! Ahh, the treasures held by juniper. Alot of that this year though, Rigs parked on the side of the road where you usually never see anybody. I guess we are all just going to have to get used to the extra competition. Oh well a little competition never hurt anyone though. Still pletty of bone out there still, just gonna be hard to pull those days where you would find 50-70 sheds in virgin country.

Can I ask what state? Just trying to get an idea of what to expect in terms of them starting to drop here in Idaho. Spent all weekend out scouting for Elk, every bull we came across had both sides. We found several white's but no browns yet.

Take care!

Thanks, Nevada. A few folks have been fortunate around here. The folks in the know don't think any huge sets survived hunting season...we'll see.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-23-13 AT 09:27PM (MST)[p]A couple of yesterday's:

7826pic3.jpg

Got lucky on those as 3 "professional types" were in the area and had been in the area before me - whew! j/k'ing, you guys. I just happened to make a turn they hadn't and caught a glimpse of what was not a branch. The zoomed-up view from my rig:

7457pic1.jpg

The second, unbroken side, was hiding up against a tree to the left.

My own little blog continues:

Today's first picture is a find from my vehicle of a shed from last year - yep, still just laying right out in the open. Go figure. I found the match quite a ways up the canyon.

7310copy2.jpg

The match and a busted 6-point further up the ridge. I'll have to get back up there for the match and to find this year's sheds.

235copy_.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom